Just Kiss Me

Emily's POV

My parents went to bed early after dinner on Wednesday evening, so after I finished washing the dishes, I went up to my room earlier than normal. After turning off all the lights in the house, I went up to my room.

When I entered my room, I heard my phone ringing. I walked over to my bed and took it up. Checking the caller ID, I saw that it was Tori. I lay on my bed and picked up the call.

"Hey girl. What's up?"

"Hi Emily. I'm just checking up on you. How are you doing?"

I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion. "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Emily, you didn't seem like yourself in school today. You spaced out a lot and I noticed you barely said two words. I was worried about you." She explained.

"Thanks Victoria, but really I'm good." I insist.

"Are you sure?"

"Well, I would be eventually."

"Good. Don't worry about it okay? It will all work out. I know it will."

"Thanks girl." I said grateful that she was trying to make me feel better even though what she was suggesting would never happen.

"Sure thing. Okay, I have to go now. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Bye." I said and hang up my phone.

Resting my phone on the nightstand table, I went inside my bathroom to get ready for bed. When I got back out, I took up the book that I was currently reading from my nightstand table and got back on my bed.

I was lying on my bed reading for about ten minutes now, when I heard a sound at my window. I looked towards my open window and almost fall off my bed in shock.

Coming through my window was none other than Tyler. I stood up from my bed and walked over to the window as he stepped inside my room.

My eyes were wide with shock. "Tyler, are you crazy? How did you get over here?"

Tyler shrugged and pointed a finger behind him through the window. "I used the tree."

"But I thought you said it was impossible." I exclaimed, astonished that he actually came over the fence that separated our house and used the tree to my room without breaking his neck.

He smiled at my shocked expression. "No, I said you couldn't do it. I didn't say anything about me."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course." I replied. We fell into silence for about three seconds and suddenly I started to feel awkward. Trying to relieve the tension a bit, I spoke again. "What are you doing in my room anyways?"

"I'm here because I wanted to tell you that I don't want us to end our dating." He said.

I looked at him confused. "Why? I don't think we have to pretend anymore."

"Yeah I know, but we won't be fake dating. I was thinking that we could date for real this time." He stated watching my reaction.

My eyes went wide at his words. I tried to remain cool, not sure where he was going with this. Whether he was joking or not. I didn't want to get my hopes up, just to be heartbroken again. These past three days I was avoiding him so that I could get over the frightening feelings that I was having.

"Why? I thought you were getting back with Andrea." I said causally. "I thought you still love her." I added hesitantly.

"I never loved her. I know that now." He replied. "And besides, I had no intention of getting back with her."