Back Again

Tyler's POV

"Hello Andrea." I replied looking at her, wondering if she was actually standing here.

But she was indeed standing on the doorstep, smiling as if she had forgotten what she did two years ago. She looked every bit the same as she did before she left.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

She lifted her eyebrows curiously at me. "Is that how you're going to greet me after not seeing me for almost two years?" She asked. "Come on, let me in."

"What are you doing here?" I repeated, not giving her an invitation to come in.

Ignoring my question, she shift her head to the side to look behind me. "Who's that?" She asked.

Realizing that Emily was still sitting on the couch in the living room, I turned around to look at her. She stood up and walked over to the door.

"I think I better go, Tyler." She said.

"No stay." I said. Andrea was going to leave soon anyway. I had no intention of keeping her here for long.

However, Emily shook her head. "No, I have to get home anyway. I'll talk to you later."

Before I could protest further, she stepped passed me and Andrea and walked away in the direction of her house.

Feeling annoyed at Andrea being here right now, I focused my attention back to her. "I don't want to talk to you Andrea, so you better leave."

Andrea tilt her head to the side. "Who was that?" She demanded again.

"Her name is Emily and she's my girlfriend." I responded.

"Hm..." Andrea gave a short hum. "I never expected you to be dating someone like her."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I demanded feeling my anger rise. She doesn't have a right to talk about Emily like that or comment on who I should and shouldn't date.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing." She replied. I stood quietly waiting for her to go, when she added. "Can you please let me in for at least five minutes? I promise I'll go after that."

I thought about it for a few seconds. If I didn't let her in, she would not leave and I don't want her to stay here longer than she has to. "Okay. Two minutes. That's it." I replied. I stepped aside from the doorway and she entered. I then closed the door after her. She turned around to face me. "Now for the final time, why are you here?"

She looked up at me and sighed. "My parents moved back here and I came to see you." She explained, then added quietly. "I missed you."

"Well, it's too late for that now. I don't want to see you." I said. "What happened to your new boyfriend by the way?"

"You mean Steven?" She asked. She then looked directly at me, before adding. "Steven was a mistake. I'm really sorry, Tyler. I shouldn't have left you. But I'm here now, I want us to give it another try."

"I don't think so." I said crossing my arms.

"Why?" She asked as if it wasn't obvious.

"Andrea, you left me without giving an explanation and then started hanging out with your new boyfriend. You didn't say a word to me. You acted as if my feelings didn't matter." I relied. "And besides, I'm dating someone else now."

"I'm sorry Tyler. I said I made a mistake."

"Yeah well, what's done is done." I said. "Also, your two minutes is up."

Andrea crossed her arms over her chest and stared at me for a long time, before saying. "Okay, if that's how you feel." She turned and walked towards the door.