helper | 3

Chapter 3:
Helper

"I'm back and I'm better"
-Bryson Tiller (Don't)

The final bell had rung, signalling the end of school for the day. Corbyn (just like any teenager) smiled at the thought of being free. He happily packed his belongings before walking out the classroom. And when walking out the door, he was met with two very familiar faces. It being Zach and Daniel. He gave the two pleasing smiles, before the three casually walked down the hallways that was stuffed with many eager students.

"Oh, let me tell you Corbyn!" Zach perked with a frown on his face. Daniel rolled his eyes, making Corbyn giggle and loop their arms together. Daniel smiled at the action, pressing his body closer to Corbyn's slim form. "That douchebag who bumped me earlier-"

"You mean the one who you have this massive crush on" Daniel interrupts.

"Used to have a crush on. But anyway, he later on thought it was okay to come up to me and try make conversation" Zach spoke as if it was the most unbelievable thing. "Me of course stopped drooling over his glowing God like looks and just flipped him off."

Corbyn and Daniel looked at each other with furrowed eyebrows.

"That's so inspiring, Zach" Corbyn smiled as he looked at the younger. The brunette smiled back, holding his head high.

"I know. He wouldn't leave me alone" Zach giggles, a slight blush already on his rosy cheeks.

"Yup. You definitely showed him" Daniel snickered, making Corbyn shove him. The blue eyed boy just shrugged with an innocent smile.

The three eventually made it to Corbyn's locker, only to freeze at who leaned against it.

It was Jonah. His hair laid flat against his forehead, a leather jacket tightly clinging to his slightly buff form. Zach coward behind Daniel, the older huffing as they slowly approached.

"You're on my locker" Corbyn managed out; they were soon standing face to face. Jonah turned his view to in front of him, smirking as he took in Corbyn's full appearance. He looked just like he had imagined. They weren't in each other's classes and never have they communicated before.

"I know. I was told to meet with you after school. To talk about my tutoring" Jonah clicked his tongue, standing up tall. Zach squeaked as he noticed how much scarier Jonah looked up close. Jonah eyed the two standing behind Corbyn and smiled wickedly. "Well isn't it Dani boy and baby Zach. Nice to see you two again" he licked his lips as he eyed Daniel up and down. Daniel glared.

"Yeah, so nice" the brunette with blue eyes said with a clenched jaw. Corbyn looked between the three with confusion written all over his features. He stood in the middle of them as he didn't care what was going on. Jonah put his attention back on the faux blonde, his emotions once more going blank.

It made Corbyn curious.

"Well, we can talk tomorrow. I'm busy today."

Jonah eyes him dangerously, a raised eyebrow following.

"Doing what? Hanging with these losers?" Daniel started mumbling incoherent words, clenching his hands into fists. "I think you'll be able to ditch them for a few hours."

"Like I said, I'm busy. We can talk tomorrow at lunch" Corbyn fired back. Jonah was intrigued by the blonde's words. No one has ever talked to him with such a strong and firm tone. It made Jonah excited. So with a smile, he stepped away from Corbyn's locker.

"Fine. Lunch. Meet me at the field's bleachers" he winked. "See ya my little helper. By Dani, later Zachy" he then turned around and walked away. Corbyn sighed as he opened his locker, pulling out everything he needed.

"You didn't tell us you were tutoring the Jonah Marais" Zach soon exclaimed as he stepped from behind a still angry Daniel. Corbyn closed his locker, looking back at the other two.

"I didn't either until after lunch."

"But why did you agree?" Daniel soon snapped. Corbyn looked at the other in shock. He obviously was a lot more heated than before. His face was red as he looked at Corbyn with a glare. The blonde shook slightly as he seen Daniel in such state.

"I don't know. Mr Clifford said he counted on me. I mean, Jonah is failing. He could be held back if-" he was stopped by the brunette.

"So? Let that bastard fail! He deserves to" Daniel said as he turned around and began to walk away. Corbyn watched him go, while Zach grabbed hold of his hand.

"It's fine Corbyn. Jonah just really hits one of his nerves" Zach reassured, making the blonde nod sheepishly.

"Do you mind if I ask why?" Corbyn mumbled. Zach looked him over before biting his lip. "I promise I won't tell anyone."

"Well, Daniel and Jonah sort of had a thing last year, before they separated for some random reason. No one knows why. Not even me. They both refuse to tell" Zach explains, the two now beginning their journey out the school. They hadn't seen Daniel on their way out, making them assume he hurried his way home.

"They never worked it out?" Corbyn wondered and bringing the corner of his lower lip inbetween his teeth.

"Nope. The two can't even be in the same room together. It's a reason why Daniel and I sit outside for lunch; or occasionally in the library" Zach admits. Corbyn once again nods. "Well I gotta head home. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. See you tomorrow" Corbyn confirms. Zach smiles before turning on his heels and walking away. And Corbyn wasn't too far when he heard Zach speak again. It just wasn't towards him.

"Fuck off, Avery!"

Corbyn laughed, shaking his head as he began to walk down the sidewalk that lead him to his home. He definitely had a lot of thinking to do. Between his new friends and his tutoring sessions with Jonah, he doesn't think he'll be able to care for them both. They obviously have unfinished business with each other, making their encounters very awkward. He just hopes he'll be able to survive it all.

+

This chapter wasn't all that good, but who cares right?

-Nevaeh