dork | 4

Chapter 4:
Dork

"But I'll just keep on making the same mistakes"
-Ed Sheeran (Thinking Out Loud)

The bell had rung signalling lunch for each student in the school. But for Corbyn it meant that he was supposed to meet Jonah out on the bleachers. He already told Daniel and Zach he would just meet up with Jonah and get it over with; and he'll hang out with them the next day.

Daniel didn't like the idea, or an idea that involved Jonah really. He was the bad guy. He was the villain who manages to steal all the good out of people and bring them to the darker side. It was a place where your mind only consisted of drinking, smoking, and partying. Nothing else. But for Jonah he doesn't think of those things as terrible actions. He thinks of them as an escape.

Once Corbyn was finished with packing his belongings, he threw his bag over his shoulder and exited the classroom along with many others. The halls were packed as he squeezed past many students. They all were going the same way too. Towards the lunchroom. Corbyn just turned on his heels though and went the opposite direction. He slipped out a side door and had walked around until he had found the school's field. It was used for many sports, which was what practically ran the school.

And when passing the metal gates, Corbyn could see a few others students already sitting on the silver bleachers. But it sure enough didn't stop him from seeing a silhouette puffing out a cloud of smoke. Corbyn cringed at the sight, gripping his bag straps a little tighter. He released a deep breath, before making his way over to the person he knew as Jonah. As Corbyn approached the other teen, he choked out a small "hi."

The fumes of the toxic air had already began to float towards Corbyn's nose, making him wave his hand around. He heard Jonah chuckle, before watching as he flicked the cigarette bud to the ground and step on it. Corbyn watched the process carefully with furrowed eyebrows. He doesn't understand how someone could waste their life away with one simple stick. It was disgusting and frustrated the faux blonde. He only ever wants the good for people; and smoking wasn't something he wanted for Jonah.

"We're here to discuss my tutoring. You'll explain what you'll be teaching me and that's it. Tomorrow we'll actually begin this nonsense" Jonah instructed as he leaned back a little so his back rested against a metal gate barrier. Corbyn listened, one eyebrow raising. If this was going to work, then he wasn't going to be the one taking orders.

He took a seat next to the slightly older male.

"No. We're doing this my way" Corbyn replied. Jonah looked at him with a glare. He didn't like how Corbyn was speaking to him. It made Jonah feel as if he wasn't able to control anything.

"No, we're not. I don't wanna waste my time with a dork like you. I could be doing so many other things" Jonah snickered.

"Like what? Smoking?" Corbyn wondered. Jonah huffed and stared intensely at the other who was already staring softly at him.

"Watch on how you speak to me."

"What are you gonna do? Hit me?" Corbyn crossed his arms. "I'm not doing this for me Jonah."

The older looked at him in shock. It was quickly masked with his infamous scowl.

"Whatever. Just say what we came here for" Jonah muttered as he dropped his gaze. He now focused his attention on the ground, waiting for Corbyn's voice to flow through his ears.

"Fine. I will be teaching you science. You are obviously failing the class, not by a certain topic but by all of them. Now if I don't help you pass this te-" he was stopped.

"The final test I will be kept in this grade, yeah I know. Tell me where you wanna meet up tomorrow so I can leave already" Jonah sighed. He stood to his feet, making Corbyn look up at him. The blonde stood himself so they were about eye level. They stared at each other as if it was a final show down. The first person to break is the loser.

"Meet me in the library during your free period. If you don't show, I just assume you don't care. Which means I won't be tutoring you" Corbyn stated. "Jonah, you're not the first person who I had to deal with who thinks they're some tough guy. And you most certainly won't be my last" He then broke their lock as he turned around and began to step down the many bleachers. Jonah watched him go, watching every movement he made as he walked.

Jonah let his gaze soften as he took a seat once again. He didn't want to leave now, causing him to make the choice of not even attending his later classes. He instead pulled out his familiar box of cigarettes, hoping to get another smoke, when he noticed there wasn't anymore. He groaned in frustration as he crumbled up the small box, before throwing it lazily in front of him. His thoughts began to become clouded with visions of the blonde. He talked and acted a completely different way around him. No one in the school dared to treat him with such a cruel demeanour; except for one.

Daniel.

The faux blonde reminded him so much of Daniel. Both happy spirits who refused to let anyone feel a single drop of negativity.

"Dammit!" Jonah groaned as he stood from his seat and stomped down the bleachers. He hated what he was feeling. He went towards the back of the school and maneuvered himself through a gap in one of the gates. He slipped through and soon found himself on a different road. He looked back and forth, before casually beginning his journey away from the large school. All he needed right now was some time to think. Jonah feels as if that's all he's been doing lately.

Thinking.

And for him, it hurt to think.

+

I wish this was done better...but WHATEVER.

-Nevaeh