good kisser | 10

Chapter 10:
Good kisser

"You push and you push and I'm pulling away, pulling away from you"
-5 Seconds of Summer (Young Blood)

Corbyn walked into the large school building with his head hanging. The events of what happened yesterday evening kept replaying in his mind. He could never get close to Jonah. It was always one of them pushing the other away. Of course the actions of keeping all feelings out of the tutoring sessions was intentional; but of course Corbyn broke that. It wasn't like it was a rule they established anyway. The faux blonde just always knew it he focused of his studies and not who he could date in the next few days, he would get further. But he doesn't want to get further.

He no longer knows what he wants.

As he released a deep sigh, Corbyn managed to run right into a figure. He immediately snapped his head up and began mumbling apologies. And as the person turned around with a smile, Corbyn relaxed and gave a grin himself. It was Daniel. And he seemed to be talking with someone. Or that was until the brunette waved the female off and put his full attention on the person standing before him.

"Something wrong, blondie?" Daniel wondered while grabbing for his hands. Corbyn adored the action and just stared at their hands for a moment. And as he looked back at Daniel, he felt himself shaking his head as to say "no."

Immediately Daniel pulls him in for a hug.

"Uh, Corbyn. I know this might not be the best time to ask this but-" the faux blonde was full ears as he pulled away to look at the other; but a different person walking down the halls was what caught his attention. He perked, stepping away from Daniel, making the brunette confused.

"I'm sorry Dani, but I really gotta go. Tell me later though, yeah?" Corbyn rushed out. And Daniel wasn't even able to get out a head nod, before Corbyn was pecking his cheek and running off to catch up with none other than Jonah. Daniel watched him go up to the older with fire burning in his eyes.

He let out a huff, before stalking off in irritation.

Corbyn on the other hand finally approached Jonah, lightly grabbing hold of his wrist to gain his attention. Jonah immediately flinches at the touch, shaking whomever off of him. And as he sees Corbyn, his once cold expression softens. He looks away quickly, gripping his school bag tightly and picking up his speed. The blonde noticed and tried to keep pace.

"You haven't answered any of my texts or calls. Jonah, I'm really sorry" Corbyn blurts, flailing his arms around. Jonah keeps a straight face, never taking a glance at the younger. "I shouldn't have said that. I know Daniel is a soft spot for you. I had no ri-"

"Exactly" Jonah said suddenly. The two stopped at the end of a hall, Jonah staring at Corbyn with anger and sadness. It made the other's blood run cold. "You had no right to bring up something that still hurts. And you know what, Besson? I'm glad we're done with these tutoring sessions. I no longer have someone to constantly corrupt my thoughts. We're not friends. So just stay away."

Jonah gave one last sigh, before turning on his heels and walking away.

That didn't stop Corbyn.

He dropped his school bag and quickly went to go catch Jonah. He managed to get in front of him, stopping the older in his tracks. Jonah glared while Corbyn stared mercifully.

"I hurt you. I know that. And I certainly didn't mean to-"

"Move, Besson" Jonah tried stepping around him. Corbyn just once again got in front, stopping him.

"Emotions always get the best of me. I say things I don't mean-"

"Move, Corbyn" Jonah growls again.

"But the emotions you've made me feel over the past few days is driving me crazy. I'm thinking about you when I'm not supposed to; I constantly count down the seconds when I'm able to see you ag-"

"I'm not going to tell you again."

Corbyn got closer, grabbing hold of Jonah's shirt and pulling his face closer so their breaths mingled.

"And it wasn't until yesterday, when I hurt you that I realised how much you matter to me."

The two stared at each other, the tension thick. And without warning, Jonah placed his lips against Corbyn's. It was a hungry kiss. Corbyn letting go of Jonah's shirt to wrap them around his neck. Only a few people were down the hallway, and those  people would just look before quickly scurrying off as if they never seen anything. The lack of air, was what pulled the two apart. Corbyn stepped back in a daze, his lips swollen from the aggressive kiss. His lips tingled as he touched them and looked into Jonah's crystal blue eyes.

"I have a class to get to" Jonah mumbled as he pushed past Corbyn finally and scurried off. The blonde watched him go with a frown. He was too lost and confused this time to actually chase after him. And the bell finally rung, signalling the beginning of class.

Corbyn grabbed his bag from the ground and took his time to get to class. His mind was clouded, thanking the Gods that he doesn't have any classes with Jonah. He doesn't know if he would be able to think of he did. And the blonde was just about to enter his first class of the day, when a hand had grabbed his arm and pulled him to the boys' bathroom not too far away. The blonde noticed the curly hair and immediately recognized the figure as Jack. He was even more lost now as Jack only talks to him when Zach is around.

And he does not see the rosy cheeked boy anywhere.

"Is there a reason why you kidnapped me? I'm late to class now" Corbyn randomly speaks when the two are standing in the middle of the bathroom. Jack runs a hand through his locks, a small chuckle escaping.

"I seen what happened between you and Mr Bad Boy Jonah." Jack replies. It makes Corbyn turn red in the cheeks.

"And?"

"And? Corbyn how could you be so blind!?" The blonde tilts his head. "You're stuck in the middle of a love triangle! Daniel likes you, you like Jonah, and he also likes you but is still just the tiniest in love with Daniel."

Realization dawns over the blonde as he let's his mouth drop a little.

"Daniel doesn't like me" Jack rolls his eyes.

"Oh, he most definitely does. You really are dumb for a nerd" now it was Corbyn's turn to roll his eyes.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter. And what do you know about my love life? Don't you date someone, yet have a thing for Zach?" Corbyn shot back, crossing his arms. Jack throws a glare his way, but sighs.

"I don't date anyone. Gabbie is just some fling and she tells people that we're together. As for Zach-" he licks his lips. "I most definitely want to destro-"

"Okay, too much information!" Corbyn rants.

"Too bad he's already talking to someone" Jack dramatically sighs.

"No, he's not. I've seen him when he says he's texting his new lover. He's really just playing Candy Crush" Corbyn replies blandly. It makes Jack perk with happiness.

"Oh, that little-" he stops smirking devilishly and smiled bright at Corbyn. "Thanks for giving said information, Corbyn. Now I have some business to attend to" Jack walks around Corbyn to the bathroom door.

"Use protection!" Corbyn shouts after him.