loser | 5

Chapter 5:
Loser

"Making myself crazy"
-Dua Lipa (New Rules)

The bell rung signalling the beginning of a new class. Corbyn sighed as he closed his locker shut, then turning to face his two newest friends. They held a frown as well, knowing exactly where Corbyn had to go and what he was needed for. The faux blonde fixed the straps to his bag before he felt a hand slip into his. He looked at the hand that was connected to his before up at the person. He smiled with a blush as he seen it was Daniel. The brunette wasn't even looking at him, but talking with Zach; who for the past two classes refused to remove his gaze from his phone. He said it had to do something with finally finding someone.

The three of them walked towards the library, stopping in front of large brown doors upon reaching the respected destination. Daniel and Zach stopped talking to smile at the blonde. But it wasn't just a normal smile. More like a pity smile.

"Good luck. If you survive, meet Daniel and I out in the courtyard. We're hanging at my place tonight" Zach spoke as he slapped his hand against Corbyn's back. Corbyn just winced before agreeing. Daniel chuckled at the sight, then leaning to leave a small peck against the other's cheek. Corbyn felt his face heat.

He noticed he's been doing that a lot lately.

"Later Corbyn" he winked before disconnecting their hands and moving to catch up with an occupied Zach. Corbyn watched them go with a dreamy sigh. He quickly snapped out of his daze when the school bell rung once more. He pushed open the library doors and walked in with a smile. He gave the familiar lady at the front desk a note explaining why he was there, before walking further into the large room that was decorated with multiple book shelves; tables; and a few rows of computers.

He could see other students casually doing their work, or simply reading; but not one head looked like Jonah's. He walked around the library and through many aisles of books, before a refreshing scent had filled his nose. It smelled like soft vanilla and a hint of smoke. Corbyn's attention was perked as he went around one more case of books to see none other than Jonah sitting on the floor. A book was wedged in between his hands as he seemed interested in whatever he was reading. Corbyn got closer to see that he was reading a highly popular book from the series Harry Potter.

"I didn't know you read" Corbyn spoke and right after clearing his throat. An amused smile was plastered on his face as Jonah looked up in shock. It was quickly replaced with a glare, him closing the book before stuffing it back on the shelf nicely. He stood to his feet, dusting whatever dirt that had attached to him off.

"There's a lot you don't know about me" Jonah mumbled as he pushed past Corbyn and made his way over to one of the many wooden tables. Corbyn followed closely behind him, watching as his once relaxed form had become tense. It kind of made Corbyn wish he never interrupted Jonah and his reading. He looked at peace.

But pushing all thoughts of the previous encounter out of his head, Corbyn took a seat in front of Jonah and placed his bag on the floor beside him. Jonah just leaned back in his own seat and looked at the many shelves of books. Corbyn stared and observed over his features. To the faux blonde he seemed like a normal teenager. An attractive teenager; but certainly a normal one. It kind of makes Corbyn wonder why he acts out. He doesn't present a bad guy figure. Just someone who rather be feared than loved.

"How about we get to know each other? Study next time" Corbyn eventually spoke. It broke the swarming silence that surrounded the two. Jonah looked at Corbyn with interest.

It disappeared soon after.

"No."

Corbyn clicked his tongue, leaning over the table a little.

"Why not? Got something to hide, Marais?" Corbyn wondered as he grinned a little. Jonah cocked an eyebrow, leaning forward in his seat so the two were closer.

"No. I just don't interact with losers like you" he huffed. Corbyn was amused and flashed him a smile, before it dropped into a pout.

"Loser? That hurts Jonah" the older rolled his eyes with a grin. "How would you like it if I went and called you a player?"

"I would say you are absolutely wrong. I've only been with three people" he states confidently. Corbyn was in awe as he stared at the other wide eyed. From what he heard, Jonah could get any girl or boy he wanted. He would sleep with them before leave them the next day. But hearing this only made Corbyn more intrigued about who Jonah Marais really was.

"Really?"

"Yup. Not such a player now, huh?" He smirked, while pushing Corbyn's glasses up the bridge of his nose. The blonde felt his face heat, so he sat properly in his chair and fiddled with his fingers.

"Guess not. Mind saying who these three people are?" Corbyn spoke as he looked at Jonah nervously. He began to think about how Zach told him when Jonah and Daniel dated once upon a time. The older sitting before him snickered.

"Logan Paul. Was my first ever boyfriend. Or that was until he graduated and said he couldn't deal with long distance relationships. Tatum Dahl. She was my first girlfriend. She thought she could change me. Eventually she understood she couldn't and gave up on me and our relationship. Then..." Jonah trailed as his expression turned into a deep frown. "Daniel Seavey. My second boyfriend, but my first love."

He stopped and put his gaze on the table.

Corbyn frowned himself and just wanted to reach out and hold him in a comforting hug. Whatever reason the two broke up, really hurt Jonah.

"W-Why did you two break up?" Corbyn wondered. Jonah looked at him, before shaking his head slowly. He didn't want to say it. Seeing him so broken, caused Corbyn to stand and move so he stood beside Jonah. "Stand up."

The older looked at him in confusion, but stood as he seen Corbyn look so determined. And when the two stood in front of each other, Corbyn didn't hesitate to wrap his slim arms around Jonah's torso and place his head on his shoulder. The older was clearly in shock about the sudden affection, but gave in and wrapped his own arms around Corbyn.

"Feel better?" Corbyn wondered tightening the hold.

"You're going to be the death of me" Jonah chuckled with a sigh.

"I'll take that as a yes" Corbyn laughed back.

And through a window, a familiar brunette frowned at the sight.

+

So sorry for being inactive. Just really needed a break.

-Nevaeh