victim | 6

Chapter 6:
Victim

"Everything is grey"
-Halsey (Colors)

Corbyn gave a singular wave towards Jonah, before the two went separate ways down the hall. The faux blonde had a giant smile on his face as he happily bounced his way towards his locker. He took whatever items he needed out of it, before slamming it close. And when seeing who was waiting beside him, Corbyn jumped in surprise. He instantly calmed though, his smile brightening even more.

"Oh, hey Daniel. I thought we were meeting in the courtyard?" Corbyn perked as the two began to walk down the crowded halls. They neared the exit, Daniel reaching down to connect their hands. The faux blonde blushed at the simple contact.

"We were, but I thought I would escort you out" The brunette grinned. Corbyn nodded, allowing Daniel to drag him along. And it wasn't long before the two were outside; instantly being met with the bright sun and loud voices of other students. Corbyn looked around, hoping to spot Zach; but something else caught his attention.

It was Jonah.

He was leaning up against a beat up truck, cigarette tucked inbetween his lips. Corbyn watched the older take a long drag in, before slowly letting it out. To the eye it looked harmless. But to Corbyn it was a killer. Slowly destroying Jonah and everyone else who thinks it's okay to smoke. And without even thinking about it, he released his grip on Daniel and found his way over towards the other. Daniel watched him go in confusion, which was quickly replaced with anger. The thought of Corbyn and Jonah irritated him.

But he could only watch.

The faux blonde confidently stalked up to Jonah and snatched the cancer stick from his fingers. Immediately Jonah stood tall and glared at the person who dared did such a move. And his glare only hardened as he seen that it was Corbyn; eyeing him back. Corbyn dropped the cigarette to the ground, stepping on it.

"You do know smoking is bad for you, right?"

Jonah rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. But what does it matter to you? I don't see you going around and stopping everyone else from destroying their lungs" Jonah sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. He doesn't like how Corbyn could so easily make him break down one of his many walls. He would put up a tough act, when in reality he wouldn't dare lay a finger on the pale boy.

Corbyn smirked, looking around. And his eyes brightened as he seen three guys laughing as they all blew grey smoke into the air.

"You will now" Corbyn nodded as he began his journey over towards the others. Jonah watched him go in shock.

Corbyn tapped one of the guys on the shoulder, it being a blonde. And when that blonde turned around, Corbyn froze on spot. It was Jake. But not wanting to show his fear, he released a deep breath. "Smoking is bad. I highly suggest you stop doing it. Unless you want a higher chance of lung cancer."

He then plucked the white and orange item from the other's hand and threw it to the ground. Jake wasn't pleased.

"Wow boys, Corfreak here thinks he can tell us what to do" Jake snickers as he pushes Corbyn back a little. He stumbled, before regaining his posture and pushing his glasses back up the brim of his nose.

"No, just concerned for your health. With every inhale, your lungs start to die. They turn black. Did you not pay attention in health class?" Corbyn stated. Jake rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

"You really are a loser" Jake pushed him again, this time harder so Corbyn fell to the ground. The faux blonde groaned at impact, his glasses falling off his face. He wasn't completely blind without them, but he didn't have the best vision either. And when looking, he seen Jake pick the black rimmed glasses up. "Oops" was all he said as he snapped them in half. He dropped the remains pieces to the ground, an evil smirk on his face.

"Leave him alone, Jake" a husky voice then spoke up. The person seemed annoyed. Corbyn squinted as he looked to see who was talking. He was in shock to see Jack standing before him. Jake just chuckled.

"Or what? You gonna beat me with your skateboard?" Jake teased as he and his friends laughed.

"Damn right" Jack said as he lifted the skateboard in his hands and smacked Jake in the stomach with it. The blonde groaned, hunching over in pain. Jack then quickly helped Corbyn to his feet, dragging him over to where Daniel and Zach stood talking. The conversation was stopped once seeing them approach.

"Corbyn!" Zach smiled. He trailed his gaze a little and immediately frowned. "Oh, and you're here."

Jack snickered as he lightly tapped Zach's nose.

"I wouldn't be so mean, Herron. I just saved your friend's ass. You're welcome" he then winked and walked off. Zach watched him go with a frown and crossed arms. But his attention was quickly put back on Corbyn who was rubbing at his side.

"You okay? Who'd he save you from?" Daniel questioned as he cupped Corbyn's cheeks and inspected his face. The brunette was flowing with anger as he pictured Jonah doing any harm to him. "It wasn't Jonah, right?"

Corbyn chuckled.

"No, Daniel. It wasn't Jonah. It was actually Jake. But it's okay, I'm fine" Corbyn answered truthfully, allowing a smile to stretch on his face. Daniel sighed in relief as he brought the other in for a hug. But it was cut short as a voice had spoken up from behind them.

"Didn't think you would actually do it, kid."

They looked to see it was Jonah. Daniel was once again angry, while Zach hid behind him. Corbyn grinned as he stared at Jonah's calm features.

"Yeah, there's a lot you don't know about me" he winked, making Jonah give the tiniest of grins. Corbyn loved the improvement and smiled bright at the other.

"Well, meet me at the bleachers tomorrow for our next session. Later my little victim" Jonah spoke before turning to walk away.

+

Was better in my head. Sorry.

-Nevaeh