date | 8

Chapter 8:
Date

"Boy you too young and dumb"
-Trevor Jackson (Here I Come)

The time ticked for the last class and Corbyn felt extremely anxious. His leg bounced aggressively as he chewed on the back of his pen. He was supposed to be focusing on what his teacher was explaining on the board; but the faux blonde could only hear bits and pieces of what the teacher was saying. He was mostly drowning out all sounds except for the constant ticking that went by from the clock. He doesn't understand why he so badly wanted to leave class as he was just going to meet up with Jonah. The bad boy of the school. Someone who makes him shiver in fear but then melt adoringly right after. And he didn't even know where Jonah was taking him. God only knows that he's probably being taken to a darken alley to be beaten up.

Corbyn frowned at the thought.

But he instantly perked at the sound of the school bell. His teacher continued to ramble on about what to do for homework, but of course no student was listening. Corbyn being like the others just packed his belongings and quickly dashed out the classroom a smile on his face. He didn't even bother heading towards his locker as he just really wanted to know where Jonah was taking him. His nerves have never been this high.

And just as he exited the school his name was shouted. He swiftly turned his head to see that it was Zach. He was waving him over to where both him and Daniel stood. Corbyn nodded as he made his way over to them. And instantly he was engulfed into a hug by Daniel, the brunette leaving a small kiss on his cheek.

The faux blonde went red while Daniel giggled.

"So, Daniel and I were going to hang out at my place. You in?" Zach wondered. Corbyn frowned.

"Sorry, can't. I'm sort of busy today" Corbyn cringed at his choice of words. He knows how the two feel about Jonah and didn't want it to seem like he was ditching them.

"If he can't, I would gladly take his invitation" a new voice had said this time. Looking they could see it was Jack. He walked up beside Zach and threw an arm around him with a smirk. The younger scoffed as he shrugged Jack's arm off and pushed him away lightly.

"I'm not letting you anywhere near my house" Zach spat with crossed arms.

"Not even to show me your bedroom" Jack winked this time, making Zach go red the tiniest. It made the other chuckle a little. "Oh baby, I'm just teasing. Even if I wanted to attend your little get together, I can't. Sort of have a date tonight. Catch you later though" Jack taps Zach on the nose before scurrying off to some of his friends.

The younger was angry as he glared at the curly haired male.

"Who does he think he is? Flirting with me and then saying he has a date. That pig!" Zach blurted. He stomped his foot with a pout. Both Daniel and Corbyn laughed at him.

"Awe it's okay baby. He was just teasing" Daniel mocked as he pinched Zach's cheek. The brunette smacked his hand away.

"Whatever" he mumbled. But then he put his attention back on Corbyn. "Why can't you come tonight? We're having a movie marathon."

"That sounds so fucking lame."

All heads turned to the other sudden voice that approached.

Jonah.

Daniel felt his hands ball into fists as he watched the older approach with a calm form. He casually wrapped his arm around Corbyn's shoulders making the faux blonde smile slightly. And feeling his anger rise every second, Daniel grabbed Corbyn's wrist and tugged him away from Jonah. Corbyn looked at him confused, while Jonah smirked.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Daniel speaks as if Jonah was poison. Jonah rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue.

"Looks like my little helper never told you" Jonah speaks. Corbyn closed his eyes as he stepped away from Daniel and stood next to Jonah. It made Jonah smirk, while Zach and Daniel look between the two in disbelief. "He's coming home with me tonight. To study a little."

Corbyn punched him in the arm as he was slowly getting out of hand. Jonah sighed as he looked down at the other who was already glaring at him.

"Don't worry. We can hang out tomorrow if you want, or whenever?" Corbyn piped up as he looked at his two friends. Zach nodded in understanding while Daniel kept a scowl on his face.

"Yeah, whatever. Let's go Zach. Let's leave these two study buddies alone" Daniel gritted out as he grabbed hold of Zach's arm and dragged him away. Corbyn looked at the two with a frown. He didn't mean to hurt their feelings. Jonah snickered as he turned around himself and began to walk towards his own vehicle. Corbyn followed.

"He's always so full of himself" Jonah murmured as he unlocked his truck and got in. Corbyn kept quiet as he took his spot on the passenger side. "Not once did he ever think about me."

Corbyn hated the small words that fell from Jonah's mouth and decided to place a hand on his shoulder. Immediately the other looked at him and sighed.

"You hungry?"

+

"Is this where you wanted to take me?" Corbyn wondered in awe as he walked into a small diner. Jonah gave a small "yup" as he followed the other in. The two were immediately met with an older lady in a cute outfit that seemed to match the diner's 80's theme. She had a bright smile on her face as she greeted the two.

"Why isn't it little Jonah!" She playfully slapped his arm, making him smile. "Haven't seen you here in a while! Last time you were here, you were with some brunette kid. David was it?"

Jonah laughed at her bright attitude.

"Hey Joan. It's great to see you too. And it was Daniel" Jonah said as he pulled her in for a hug.

"Daniel, right. I knew that" they pulled apart. "What brings you here today?"

Jonah pulled Corbyn so he was more in the view. The faux blonde gave a weak wave and a shy smile.

"Oh he's a cutie. This your date? New boyfriend?" She asked as she tapped Corbyn's nose. The blonde felt himself burn at the words she said.

"No, tutor. We need to study and I thought this was the perfect place" he answered without hesitation. Joan pouted at his answer but nodded anyway. She was smiling once again as she guided them towards an open booth. Jonah and Corbyn took seats opposite of each other.

"The usual?" The lady asked as she began to write a few words on a small notepad. All Jonah did was nod as he said Corbyn would be getting the same. "Great. Coming right up!"