believer | 16

Will just edit this when I'm done with the book
Chapter 16:
Believer

"I'm the only one who hasn't walked out"
-Chase Atlantic (Right Here)

It was a regular Friday night. The sun was setting so of course the temperature was getting a little colder. Thankfully Jonah thought ahead about the weather and draped a blue hoodie over his simple white t-shirt. A small smirk was plastered on his face as he watched his respected boyfriend shiver the slightest in his seat whenever the cool breeze whipped past them. Jonah even snickered a little when the light brunette started to roll up the window to the vehicle. Daniel heard such amusement and immediately looked at Jonah with a pout.

"It's not funny. I didn't think I would get cold. We'd be inside for the most part anyway" Daniel spoke and lightly shoving Jonah's arm. The older just rolled his eyes with a smile.

The two were on their way to a house party, being held by star player of the football team Eben. Said couple didn't plan on drinking, even though they knew there would be a ton of alcoholic beverages at the party. In order for their parents not to get upset with them the next morning, they didn't want to reek of whatever they decided to drink. Their plan was to actually stay for an hour or two before ditching. Eben was a great guy and all, but his parties tend to get out of hand quickly.

"We're here. Now you can warm up" Jonah teased. He parked the car in the middle of two other ones. The music was clearly heard from their places in the vehicle, but once stepping out, the two could feel their drums pop. The once fresh air was now tainted with the smell of beer and either weed for normal cigarettes.

The thought of cigarettes was an obvious no for the couple. Knowing what it did to the body, forced both teens to not even try it.

"Come on!" Daniel smiled bright. He aligned his hand with Jonah's, and interlocked their fingers. The two walked side by side up the front lawn, before past a few bodies that swayed to the blasting music outside. And the second the couple slipped through the doorway and into the house, the experience was different from outside.

Space no longer existed.

"Let's dance!"

The night went by rather quickly, Jonah seeming to have lost Daniel somewhere. But wanting to leave the raging party, Jonah swerved around many bodies in hopes of finding his boyfriend. While he was trying to search, he accidentally stumbled into another body. The person turned around with a scowl, until seeing who stood before him. Jonah observed the shorter male, coming to a conclusion that the person was Jack. A fellow student he had in a few of his classes.

"Oh, hey Jonah! Having fun?" Jack wondered, while playfully punching his arm. The older grinned as he shook his head.

"Have you seen Daniel, Avery?" Jonah eventually questioned. He looked through the many heads, still not spotting familiar blue orbs.

"Nah. Why leaving so-oh shit! I'm sorry!" In the middle of his response, Jack had been pushed and the liquid he had in a cup spilled all over Jonah's hoodie. "I'm sorry. Here let's get this off, and I'll clean it" Jack pestered while tugging at Jonah's hoodie. Jonah didn't bother objecting, feeling the cold liquid soon seep through.

The scene looked awkward and maybe even hinting at some sort of sexual activity. Jack was sort of flushed against Jonah, from all the bodies bumping them closer towards each other. And the stripping of clothing didn't help. So having an angry Daniel forcefully push Jack away, seemed reasonable. Jack looked at Daniel in shock, while Jonah observed the brunette with confusion.

"Dani! Where wer-" Jonah was stopped by Daniel glaring at him.

"What the hell do think you're doing!? And with Jack Avery out of everyone!?" Daniel yelled, catching the attention of a few.

"What? No. Dani, he spilled his drink on me, and he was going to help me clean it" Jonah replied back with reassurance. It didn't stop the fire filled pit that burned deep within Daniel. Instead he slapped Jonah before stalking off. Eyes watched the trio.

Jonah's eyes were wide as he followed closely after Daniel. The brunette was soon in front of the large crowd, Jonah stopping in his tracks as he seen Daniel smirking at him. And without another word, Daniel grabbed hold of the host of the party and firmly pressed their lips together. Eben squirmed under the kiss, Daniel not enjoying it either. Jonah was in pure horror.

"H-How? Why would you do that? I never cheated on you!" Jonah yelled in anger. Jack who was right behind Jonah, gave him back his hoodie , before Jonah just threw it Daniel. The wet clothing was pressed against Daniel's skin. The brunette furrowed his eyebrows. He looked over the hoodie to indeed see that it was wet and smelled of some beverage. That's when guilt rushed over Daniel, and he was now staring at Jonah sadly.

"I'm-I'm sorry. I didn't-" Jonah stopped him.

"I don't care. And seeing that you obviously are so quick to accuse me of something I would never think about doing, we're over. Find your own way home" Jonah stated deeply. He pushed through what seemed to be a quiet crowd, and out towards his vehicle. He didn't even bother looking back at Daniel or anyone for that matter. It's not like the brunette was chasing after him.

When reaching his ride, he could see some random female leaning against it. Her attitude clearly gave away that she was a few spirit. But Jonah wasn't staring at her looks. He was staring at what she was inhaling. An orange and white stick was between her thin pink lips, before she removed it to breath out a puff of smoke. And once she was done with such action, she looked at him with a smirk.

"Did you want one?"

She pulled out a box. It held multiple replicas of the same cancer stick she has already lit. And when looking back at the party, Jonah allowed his own menacing smirk to form.

"Sure."

+

"After that everyone took pity on Jonah, not caring about how I might have felt" Daniel frowned, while looking down. "No one cared whether or not I was heart broken. They all believed I was some self centered bitch who was using Jonah this entire time. But they're all wrong." Daniel looked at Jonah with tears in his eyes. "I loved you."

Jonah simply stared back at him. Corbyn looked between the ex couple and sighed.

"I believe you Daniel."

The light brunette put his attention on the faux blonde in shock. Corbyn simply nodded.

"I believe you loved him. I can see why. But I think it's time you finally let this feud go" he looked at Jonah now. "You too. If the two of you just move on already, I promise the pain will be more bearable."

Silence surrounded the three.

"Fine."

+

Yeah, this is ending soon.

-Nevaeh