Chapter 3

Welcome back loves! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

---
-Raven's POV-

I waited in my truck for my brother, I pulled out my phone in impatience as I decided to do some of my alpha work such as answering emails. After what felt like hours but in reality was just a few boring minutes, I heard a few knocks on the window beside me.I unlocked the truck doors allowing my brother in, a sweet smell of cinnamon and nutmeg filled the car. My wolf began to pace in my head muttering the single word I never expected.

'Mate.' 'Mate.' 'Mate.'

I finally heard him say once he slowed down. I sniffed the air again, I put the window down needing to know where the sweet cinnamon and nutmeg scent was coming from. I was a solitary being, I enjoyed my personal time and I sure as hell was not awaiting my real mate any time.

'Jax, I will need you to take care of some of my work for the next few hours.' I mind linked Jax.

Jax immediately replied. 'I have to pick up my sister... can it wait?' He questioned. My anger could be felt in the link, soon I felt his wolf recoil at the thought of upsetting his alpha. Jax and I may be best friends but disrespecting an alpha was unacceptable along with at such a time of myself meeting my own mate.

'It was not a question Jax. Take care of the work.' I replied closing off the link, biting my tongue to not growl out in response to his disrespect.

I turned my head out the window and spotted a petite girl who was staring at my brother, my eyes stared into hers. Did she like him!? She was very young to be my mate yet, that just means I get to cherish her longer. I gazed over her looks, an involuntary smile reaching my lips as I took in every detail. Once I smiled she turned her head and began to walk away. I noticed a blush on her cheeks while she walked out of the school parking lot.

"Uh, Jake sorry we have to make a small detour." I muttered immediately backing out of the parking lot. Surely she has to be a part of the pack, I got no signs of aggression that hinted she was a rouge.

"Open the glove compartment and take out the small cloth, quick!" I raised my voice slightly as my brother did as he was told.

He immediately pulled open the compartment and took out the cloth. He noticed my gaze following the girl as he lifted his head. "Quick question, why the hell do you have this stuff? And what are you going to do to her!?" He handed me the cloth despite his questions. As I peered out the window to check on her I noticed that she was laying on the ground, shit how could I forget!

"I keep it for last case scenario safety purposes, I have to drug her. Her wolf is going into shock and she's shifting, I'll tell you more once she's in the car safely." I said as I hopped out of the car, rushing to her.

I came to her side and gripped her waist, I hesitantly placed the cloth over her mouth. She stared at me with tears in her eyes, my heart ached, both physically and emotionally but, I have to do it. She held onto her last breath for a few seconds before she finally breathed into the cloth, surrendering herself to my arms.   I lifted her up, I searched around the area to make sure no humans saw what had just happened. I opened up the car door with my one arm, I growled at my brother as I noticed his eyes laid on my mate's. He immediately understood what she meant to me.

I laid her in my lap as she continued to shift. I refrained from kissing the girl's forehead lightly as I began to drive to the Pack House as quick as I could. "So she's your mate?" My brother asked, cringing as he looked at her.

"Yes. And I can tell she has a crush on you." I growled hating the fact my mate might have a crush on my brother. I didn't know for a fact that she liked him, however, why else was she staring at him?