Chapter 8.

Welcome back loves, hope you enjoy! Sorry guys for it taking so long. Although, I think y'all will still enjoy it because you learn a few things.

---
Raven's POV

'Yo, Katherine says Delaney is in some pain. Wanna come with me to pick her up?' Jax mind linked.

I wanted to say no, because of all the work I have to do. She often kept me from doing my work, thoughts of her distracting me at every moment. Thus, I was already days behind. Yet, I wanted to see her again, my wolf urging me to my feet.

'Sure, ill be down in 2.' I responded.

I immediately got ready and headed downstairs, Jax awaited outside in his car. I hopped into the passenger side as Jax started the car. I cleared my throat, "Why does she need us to pick her up?" I asked him.

He hadn't responded but instead concentrated at the road. An uneasy feeling began to creep up within me, almost like I could sense how she felt. I didn't want to admit that I had begun to already have feelings for her. I was expected to be the role model of the pack. For fucks sake I was supposed to be seen as strong, a figure anyone in the pack could rely on and yet, here she was stopping me. It was nearly a pain in the ass having her in my mind every second.

"Kind of dramatic to need to be picked up?" I told him, it was a lie however. I knew she wasn't, she was strong but I so desperately needed to push her out of my thoughts.

"She's not dramatic..." Jax replied "Also you're so inconsiderate sometimes, She's my sister. I can just take her away and you'll never see her again if you're going to think that way towards her. She likes you right now, She's trying to get used to the mate bond." Jax growled towards me.

"She only likes me because of my wolf, I keep on letting him slip past me some. She would have left on her own already if I have shown my true self." I said nonchalantly.

"You're right, which means you're going to have to act the right way. She doesn't deserve to be treated horribly. She has done nothing wrong to you" Jax said parking his car in the school parking lot. He paused for a moment to look at me, "She's nothing like Victoria." He told me. He got out of the car and began to walk towards the building, I stayed in the car needing some alone time. How dare he mention her.

'He's right, you know.' Aster, my wolf said.

'No, he's wrong. I shouldn't have to change myself just so she'll like me. I shouldn't have you control me every time I see her.' I responded.

'You're unhappy, everyone knows it. If you change yourself for the better then she will stay, then maybe you'll be happy again.' Aster said. I contemplated his words for a few seconds. Moments later a strong scent had filled the air, I felt compelled to it. Delaney entered the car, I sniffed the air and traced it to Delaney. I turned my head and widened my eyes. It felt completely inappropriate for a 20 year old to feel attracted to 16 year old, but that was what I felt in the moment. My mind racing with images of her.

I cleared my throat from all my bad thoughts, "Uhm, it's a good thing Katherine notified us that you were feeling... bad." I said.

"Yeah, I think it's something I ate." She whispered. I got out of the front seat and hopped into the back, expecting what Jax will say next.

"You didn't tell her!?" Jax's voice raised.

"I forgot!" I raised my voice. I pulled Delaney's body closer, I didn't want to admit that I enjoyed the feeling of her in my arms. Even if it was to myself.

"How could you forget!? I called you yesterday!" Jax yelled. So that's what he meant on the phone call. Whoops.

"Im not used to doing this! Okay, I forgot that this would happen! In fact, if i'll be completely honest, I barely knew what it was until I was 16!" I yelled, tightening my grip on Delaney. It was was true, I never had a woman figure that much in my life. It wasn't until Mary had come to the pack when I knew more about mates and heat.