Chapter 24.

Enjoy!

———
Raven's POV

Without her I felt no energy. Imagine being stripped of all of your happiness and you'd probably feel the same. Jax came from behind me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"It'll be okay." He sighed. He too seemingly restless just as I. But Jax wouldn't never understand, the pain that came with being away from your mate. The absolute agony. Yet, agony still isn't even the best description, an understatement at that.

I nodded my head and continued to hike up the dirt hills. The Crescent Moon pack had been leading the search party we have hit the half way mark just after a couple of hours. I didn't care how many more hardships I had to face even if I were to loose a limb I just wanted to make sure that my mate was safe. That Delaney, was safe. I want to hold her in my arms, I want to be able to see her precious smile once more.

I leaned against a tree as I took a sip of water, I froze suddenly when I heard the rumbling of footsteps. I paused, lifting my head to sniff out the area.

"Rouges." I whispered.

"A lot of them." I concluded looking up to see Jax sharing the same surprised and worried face as mine.

The members from Crescent Moon looked up and began to in circle themselves in an area. I growled out in frustration.

"Get the Crescent moon pack to the far end of the forest." I nodded to Micheal.

Micheal nodded his head and headed off with the trackers.  I climbed up into a tree, a tactic I had taught my pack to stay hidden. One that unfortunately, Adam had taught me. I watched as everyone stood silently within the trees waiting for my signal. I watched as the rouges made their way underneath us.

"I swear I saw them, I swear it!" One said.

"Well then why don't we see them Johnny?" Another snickered.

"I don't know but I saw them." The same one countered.

"Of course you did, the boy who cried wolf." The man mocked. Everyone laughed, I rolled my eyes at their maturity. I watched as the young pup frowned, the poor pup isn't being listened to. Little do they know what's coming for them.

I peered my eyes to look at the boy named Johnny, something about his face had looked so familiar .

That little shit! They weren't on the no-mans land for no reason. They were watching my pack! How could I be so stupid! That one night when I had seen those two rouges that was him, they were part of my fathers plan. I should have killed them just like how all rouges should be. They're nothing but trouble. They're of no use to be in a pack. Hell, they lose a majority of their wolf like senses after a while of being out of a pack.

Now they were following us! The only way to get out of here without the little pieces of crap on our path would be to kill them. All of them. I waited for the group to come directly underneath us. There was about fifty or so rouges and only ten of us. Rouges were naturally weak although, these had seemed built for this. They appeared to be stronger than an average rouge. I lifted my hand in the air, the tension in the air so thick you could cut it with a knife. I waited until one of the rouges was underneath us before motioning my hand down, signaling to drop down from out our places.

We all fell from the trees with ease and got into our fighting positions.

"Hah I told you!" Johnny had said clapping his hands.

"Shut it Johnny!" The leader said as he stared me down.

"Hey I remember him! He's the alpha of Blood Moon." I rolled my eyes at this kid. Something about him had me sad that he was a rouge. I laughed at his remark. This pup had me wishing he was on our side. He seemed to be a new rouge and for whatever reason I do not think being a rouge was his decision, this pup belonged in a pack despite where he ended up at this point in his life.