Ch.2 | Human Transmutation

Allison is now ten along with Alphonse. After one month at the island, six hard months of training with teacher, and four long years after their mother's death. Al turned ten, Ali turned ten, and Ed turned eleven.

************

Allison's View - 10 years old

Today was the day big brothers and I would try to be back mom. We had all the components for the human body, now all we needed to do was finish drawing the transmutation circle and sign our names. Ed handed me the paper, I signed my name at the bottom, Allison Elric. Then Al, did his next then finally Ed. After Ed signed it, I had the urge to back away now while I had the chance. But we couldn't stop now, Mom needed us, we needed her.

"Were ready." Ed said.

I nodded. "Water 35 L, Carbon 20 kg, Ammonia 4 L, Lime 1.5 kg, Phosphorous 800 g, Salt 250 g, Saltpeter 10g, Sulfur 80 g, Fluorine 7.5 g, Iron 5 g, Silicon 3 g, and fifteen other elements in trace amounts." Ed and I said simultaneously, as we poured or placed the following components into a medium sized bucket in the center of the transmutation circle.

"Then finally, some soul data." Ed said, cutting the tip of his finger with the knife.

I pricked my finger, then walked over to the bucket with all the materials. Our blood dripped onto the pile, drop by drop, staining a portion of the materials with the crimson color of blood. I grimaced slightly at the pain and blood, i'm not used to seeing blood like this..

This is it, Al, Ali." Ed smiled at the both of us.

Nodding, We placed our hands on the transmutation circle, blue light filled the room. I grinned, it was working! Were doing it! Just wait for is Mom, we'll bring you back. Sparks of blue, turned into dark purple sparks, a scary aura replaced the calming one. I looked around, my eyes wide in shock and fear. What...

"Ed, something doesn't feel right!" Al pointed out.

My stomach turned, "Big brothers, what's happening?" I asked.

A giant eye appeared in the middle of the whole transmutation, it took the materials needed for Mom too. Small little black like hands wiggled out of the eye.

"Aghhhhh!" Al screamed.

I gasped as Al's arm was being taken away by those black like arms.

"Al/Big brother!" Ed and I screamed.

I screamed in pain, my left leg was burning, it hurt so much! My leg....my left leg was gone, all the way up to my knee.. Ed screamed too, he lost one of his own legs, the same leg I lost. What.. W-What is this!? Did we do something wrong? Is this a rebound?

"Ed, Ali! Help!" Al was getting taken away by those hands, I reached for him but he was to far! "Brother! Ali! Help me please!" Al screamed once more. "Al!" Ed and I screamed, reaching for his hand.

He vanished, Al vanished with those hands...he's gone.. He cried for our help, we didn't save him...we let him vanish... Tears slid down my face, big brother is gone. Why?

__________________

I was in a white room, I wasn't at home anymore.

"Huh? Where am I?" I muttered and looked around. "Why am I here, I was just-"