Ch.3 | Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye

Allison's View

My eyes fluttered open. I could hear people talking quietly from beside me. There was a man with black hair and dark onyx eyes and he was wearing a military uniform. There was another military person, but it was a girl unlike the usual military man. She had blonde hair like mine but hers was really short. She also had the same eye color that looked like a brownish yellow. She was very pretty.

"You're awake..." The man pointed out rather bluntly.

"I see that.. Where am I, sir...?" I asked.

His gaze didn't waver, "From what I know we're in the Rockbell's household. We came here with an offer we'd like for you to take in mind." He said.

Al brought me here if I'm correct, but why are there military soldiers here? Did they figure out we did the taboo...?

"Oh, and what is that offer... Sir?" I asked with a small glare.

He sighed, "My names Roy Mustang, just call me Roy. The blonde next to me is Riza Hawkeye." I nodded. "We wanted to offer you a chance to join the military and become a state alchemist."

He wanted me to join the military so I could be one of their dogs? I narrowed my eyes at him. What's the big idea here?

Riza saw my look and decided to explain everything to me. "Roy's just surprised that someone your age can even try human transmutation, or even bind a soul to a suit of armor. Your skills show that you will become a great alchemist at a young age. If you do accept the offer, you'll have the privilege to access books only state alchemist would be able to get their hands on. And that just might help you get your body back to normal if you're thinking about it. Do you accept?"

My lips were parted as if I was going to speak but they kept closing and opening like a fish. I didn't know how to react; what to say. This was so sudden. After losing nearly all my body I get an offer to become a state alchemist,  an offer in which can be very helpful with all the books they are allowed to have. If I say no, I'll lose this chance or find a way to get my body back. Overall it's a very tempting deal.

"By your silence, should I take that as a no?" Riza asked. "If so, we will be leaving now."

Roy stood up and looked down at me, "Will you sit here and mourn like your friend in the other room? Mourning because of an incident you caused? Or will you take the chance to become a state alchemist and make use of those privileges you earn by becoming, do you really want to be stuck with no limbs?" Roy said firmly, and walked to the door.

Friend? Is he talking about big brother Ed, is he mourning a lot? All because of the human transmutation failure, Ed is depressed...  Then I've decided, I can't just sit here and mourn for the rest of my life! I'm going to take this chance while I have it, and help big brother. I'll get his and Al's body back so they can be happy again.

I grabbed his sleeve with my only limb, "Stop..." I muttered out softly. He looked over at me, "I accept your offer."

He smirked, "Good choice, kid. But you're not going to get anywhere with those missing limbs of yours." Roy pointed out.

I looked down, my legs were gone, same with my right arm. What use am I if I don't even have any limbs. There's always that one option though... It's an option I wouldn't have thought I would need to go to during my life.

"I can get automail!" I shouted, "Granny knows how. She could give me automail parts!"

That's what I will do. I'll ask granny to make me some auto mail for my arm and legs! Then i'll be able to become a state alchemist and have all the research materials I need to find a way to get our bodies back!