Ch.9| The Truth Is Revealed

Allison's View

"Brother, what does the note say?" Alphonse asked.

I nodded. "It must be pretty important if Marcoh came running all the way back to us. Open it, Ed." I said.

Ed unfolded the paper, "National Central Library, First Branch."

"I get it, it's like hiding a tree in a forest. Finding one book in that giant library will be a difficult job indeed." Major stated.

Ed smirked as he looked out the window. "Finally, another clue about the stone!" He said.

I grabbed the paper out his hand, a smile on my lips, I was beyond happy. Marcoh had actually helped up us, Ed your right. We have another clue for finding both your bodies and my own.

__________________

"Hey, Ed, Al." I asked them while looking ahead at the house we were heading to.

"Yeah Rose?" Ed said, raising an eyebrow at me.

"That house we're heading to just up ahead. Is that your mechanics house by any chance?" I asked.

It was a medium sized house. S sign next to it said the Rockbell's? I've never heard of any name like that before, but it sure did sound familiar.

"Yup, that's it. Now that you mention it... Alphonse, can we go back? Ed asked.

"No, brother. Both you and Rose need to your auto mail repaired." Alphonse said, looking at me as he emphasized auto mail.

Biting my lip I turned away ashamed. My eyes scanned out our surroundings. How would I explain this-- that I had auto mail not just on my arm, but on both my legs too! Major glanced at me. He knew my about my problem all too well. When he figured it out he was left with no words. I was only 11 and I had auto mail for my whole body. Anyone who would have figured it out would react the same way. It's not like you see a child with hardly any limbs everyday.

The closer we got to the house, the more I noticed how familiar it looked. For some reason I feel like I had seen this house before, I know it, but...where? An old lady was sitting down smoking out of a pipe. She released the smoke stomach her mouth, staring at Ed and Al with wide eyes. A dog with auto mail came running at me, barking like I was a threat. Quickly, the old lady ran to the door and opened it.

"Winry! Winry! Our best customer's here!" She shouted through the door, then came running down to us.

The name Winry rung a bell. I furrowed my eyebrows and started to think about it. Winry... who is she? An acquaintance from the past? A friend? I clenched my teeth. Why couldn't I remember anything?! I want my memories back. For all I know, I could have some actual family out there in the world, sisters, brothers, something.

"Are you listening?" Ed said, bringing me out my thoughts.

I nodded and faced the old lady, "It's nice to meet you, My name is Allison, but you can call me Rose." I greeted myself with a friendly smile.

The ladies eyes widened in shock and she glanced at Ed. Ed shook his head but glanced at me nonetheless with deadly eyes. Gulping, I turned away knowing that I needed to explain everything to Ed and all. The old lady sighs as she backed away.

"I know I haven't seen you for awhile, Ed. But you've gone and grown smaller!" She stated.

I snickered. He was short and she knew it very well. I like this lady already.

Ed growled, "Granny, you got it wrong. I mean, look at her! She's even shorter than me!" Ed yelled, pointing at me.

I whacked Ed upside the head. "Don't add me into your little feud with your granny! I may be short, but that's perfectly fine for a girl. You're a boy that's short for his age! That's worse, Fullmetal!" I shouted.