Chapter 17

Dabi followed Nezu into the hallway. "What do you want?"

"Your husband is hurt."

"Obviously, he's laying in a bed, unconscious."

"I wasn't finished. He's been hurt or targeted a lot recently. And he needs someone to look after him in school."

"Yeah, that's what Shoto, Katsuki, Hitoshi and Eijiro have been doing?"

"But failing at it. So here is what I propose."

* * *

Dabi was back in the room with the squad™. Izuku was barely just now waking up.

"Hey, Izu." Dabi whispered.

"Dabi? Where's Ren and Mai?"

"They're with Toga, Shigaraki and Kurogiri. They're fine."

"What happened?"

"I think Shoto should tell you."

Shoto walked over to Izuku's bed. "Shima attacked. He used his quirk to control you and he made him say somethings but I snapped you out of it. Then you used too much of your power and defeated him. The authorities found Kitano and they're both locked up now."

"Okay..."

"You should get some rest. You really used too much power."

"Yeah."

* * *

EIZO SHIMA

"I can't believe that they found me and put us in here." Eizo groaned.

"But at least you can still tell him stuff in his mind." Akeno shrugged.

It was true. Eizo could still tell Izuku things into his head for another 24 hours.

"True."

Eizo started thinking about Izuku. "Everything hurts. You want to die but you can't. Your mind can't handle the pain."

* * *

IZUKU TODOROKI-MIDORIYA

Izuku groaned and woke up panting. "Fucking hell." He whimpered. He grabbed the blankets and bit into them, not wanting to scream out loud.

"Izu?" Dabi stood up and walked over to him. "What hurts?"

"Everything! Everything hurts!" He turned to Dabi. "I wanna die." He screamed into the blanket.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. I'm here. Just focus on my voice. On Ren and Mai. On your family. On our family. Don't focus on the pain. Just me."

Izuku looked at him but took a couple of deep breaths and the feeling started to go away.

* * *

EIZO SHIMA

"Dammit! That boyfriend of his is too powerful over him." Eizo groaned.

"Then make him go away." Akeno chuckled. "Saudade."

Eizo smirked and focused on Izuku again. "He's gone. You have no one. You killed him. You killed Daiki Todoroki."

* * *

IZUKU TODOROKI-MIDORIYA

Izuku looked at Dabi. "Dabi?"

To Izuku, he looked pale, broken, with blood oozing from where his heart is.

"No, no, no, no, no! Daiki! I'm sorry!" He started sobbing. His husband was dead and it was all his fault.