Chapter 2: The Muscle

Cain

Shit moving different since Duke left. Shit all the way fucked up. My little man just wanted to be able to make something of himself. Now they took him from this earth.

It's a cold game, and he just didn't know how to play it. Now I'm sitting here waiting. Waiting on shit, because Messiah ain't gone do shit about it. Messiah getting soft on us and we learned from him. I don't know why this nigga giving up on our little brother. He acting like Duke wasn't like a son to all of us.

Shit, the Queen would ride down in a minute for any of us. She got more heart than all three of our mother's boys put together. She ruthless sometimes though. I like to think of her as the muscle.

"What's good, fool?" She approached me wearing all black. I could tell she was ready for anything by the way her hair was pulled back out of her small face.

"You got that?" I asked. She looked around and nodded for me to follow her into the alley, towards the warehouse. She did this code knock, and the door opened up with Messiah's homeboy, Kino. He is like his right hand man when Queen and I aren't around.

"Tell Messiah to get his ass out here," Queen said. Kino couldn't do anything to us because we was his boss. If anything I should have whooped his ass for blocking the damn door like that.

"Hurry up nigga," I mugged him. He looked at me for a minute before turning around slowly.

"How you think this gone go?" She looked up at me. Shit I was as curious as her. Messiah might not be down to ride this wave.

"I don't know. I sent the nigga the text. You know how he is. He's a business man," I mumbled.

Both our heads snapped towards the doorway as Messiah stood there staring at us. I couldn't read the expression on the nigga's face. I didn't know if he was down or ready to take backseat.

"You riding?" I asked him after what seemed like forever of us staring at each other. His gaze left me, and slowly trailed to Queen.

"You too green," he told her. I looked and saw how twisted her face became. "You're still a girl at the end of the day. This is a man's job."

I was sad yet excited. I was upset that he thought the Queen wasn't as tough as us. I was excited to hear him say anything other than no.

"I can do anything for my brothers! I'm down," Queen said. Messiah shook his head no. I knew it was going to be hard to keep Queen away.

"Stay down by watching the police. Making sure we making all of our money. And if any of them Tower boys fuck up, be the one to beat they ass back in place. I don't need you catching bodies out here," he said calmly. Now that he says it, Queen is still our little sister. We don't need her getting her hands dirty. We really don't need to get our hands dirty. That's what we got stick up boys for.

"So what we gone do?" I asked.

"If you want to get your hands dirty, then get them dirty. But if you kill innocent blood, then you're no better than the fools who killed Duke," Messiah said.

I looked at this nigga in disbelief. He always hitting you with some damn wisdom or some shit. He get on my gah damn nerves with that shit.

"You calling Brooks innocent?" Queen asked.

"I'm saying Brooks is a business man like me. He has no reason to kill Duke and no reason to mess with our money," Messiah then moved his gaze to me. "Go fuck your life up lil homie."

He closed the door in our face, leaving us outside to look like some bitches. I can't even be mad at Messiah because he's still grieving. I know he is deep down in that cold heart of his. He wants vengeance for Duke.