Chapter 11: Secrets on the Table

Sure enough, Duke got us on a wild goose chase looking for a clue. Here we are stepping off our airplane in NYC. The air was thicker than Baltimore. We had way too much history with people from New York and New Jersey. It was like they couldn't stand Baltimore people. The Norwood siblings at that!

We caught bodies, seem like, everyday. They would come to our city and want to sell their product, as if there wasn't enough room in their city. So we did what we thought was right. We made more room in their cities. We killed them. Now I feel like we are on their turf without a legit explanation.

"Is this smart?" I asked my brothers as they walked ahead of me to our limo. They ignored me as they gave their luggage to the driver, who stood outside the car with this goofy attire.

"Nothing we do is smart." Cain mumbled before getting in. I followed him into the car and saw Hennessy bottles surrounding the bar in the limo. I reached for a bottle, but Messiah smacked my hand. I hadn't even realized he came in.

"No drinking on the job," He said.

"Why? I feel like as much shit as we have been through in this last month, we deserve to drink as much as we want," Cain sided with me. It was really for the love of Hennessy.

"Nigga I don't give a fuck. I said no drinking on the job," Messiah said sternly. He was pissing me off with this attitude out of nowhere.

"Last time I checked you wasn't our damn daddy neither." I grabbed the bottle and popped it open.

"I was the damn daddy y'all ungrateful asses never had. See that's the problem with this shit. Y'all don't listen to no fucking body! Cain you out here making deals with the devil. Queen you out here fucking the devil. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to make sure don't nobody fuck up the way we eating. Damn, y'all so ungrateful!" Messiah snapped. I looked at him in shock. Where was all of this coming from? He acting like we just went and killed his damn dog!

"Man, no one asked you to play daddy. We grown as men and women in here. We making our own money and living our own lives. You the one acting different with this new mood you in. One minute you calm and cool and the next you tripping," Cain took the words right out my mouth.

I honestly can't wait to get to our hotel. My brothers are bickering in my ear like they are kids again. If we weren't in this limo, I would have to break them up from fighting.

"Man, shut the fuck up. You making money off of me, nigga. You not out here making no profit alone. If you would just be humble and quiet, sometimes, you would be eating more. Instead, you out here being a disrespectful nigga." Messiah was coming down too hard on Cain. Cain was like the Frick to my Frack. He knows he can't disrespect him in front of me.

"Chill, Messiah. You don't have to throw what you do for us in our face whenever you get mad. That means you're not doing it from the heart. That's bogus as hell," I said.

The limo got quiet. I could see the driver looking at us through his rear view mirror. He quickly looked away when we made eye contact.

"Can you roll up the partition, please?" I asked him. The partition slowly rolled up, and that's when it was on.

"Fuck this nigga. He acting like he out here making good money. It's just a matter of time til his ass in jail for life," Cain spoke.

"You going too far, Cain," I objected.

"Naw, let the nigga get all the jealously off his chest. He been feeling some type of way about me and mine. It goes all the way back to Pride." Messiah was taking it way back. I haven't heard that name in ages.

Pride was a guy that took care of us when mom wasn't around. He made sure we were straight, since he and our mom were big drug dealers in the game.