Chapter 7: I Like Him

I looked through my closet, not knowing what I was going to wear. I didn't know if I wanted to be a girl or a tomboy today. All I know is I want to get away from my mother and brothers. I really miss being home.

"Where you going?" Messiah walked into my room looking like he was ready to break into a jewelry store. He wore all black and didn't even care. The only thing that was bright on him was his Rolex and his perfectly white teeth. The guy looks really suspicious if you ask me.

"Where you going? You trying to hit up that jewelry store?" I asked him. He gave me a small laugh before becoming serious again.

"To handle business. I need you to hold stuff down at the Towers for me. Just go by there and see how shit running," he told me. I looked at him in disbelief. He had all day to tell me to do shit, but waits until I want to go out to tell me to handle business.

"No," I told him. He frowned slightly. He didn't say a word, he just looked at me. Messiah isn't use to motherfuckers telling him no, so that word is foreign to him.

"Send Cain to watch the Tower boys. I want to go out tonight," I told him. He just shook his head in a disapproving way.

"Whatever is more important than our business, I hope it pays your next bill, sis," he said. I frowned and charged towards him.

"Are you threatening me with money, motherfucker?" I was inches away from his dark face. I could smell the expensive cologne bounce off his body and onto mine.

"I'm threatening you with knowledge. If you don't work, you don't eat. If you don't eat then you starve," and he walked out of my room and down the hallway.

Sometimes I really hate Messiah. The nigga so smart til he crazy. He really love to hit people with knowledge at the worst times.

"Who the fuck arguing?" My mom yelled from down the hall.

"Nobody!" I yelled. It became quiet. I threw on that same Fashion Nova dress that I wanted to wear to the club that one night. I'm trying to go to the strip club and relax my mind. That's if Messiah or Cain don't call.

I walked out my room and down the stairs.

"Messiah! Your sister has on that red dress again!" Cain yelled from the bar.

"Bitch, shut up. You always snitching," I mugged him. He smirked as he poured a shot of Hennessy.

"Thanks to you, I have to go to the Towers," He said.

"Good. I deserve to relax anyway. Then you should be glad because ma won't be in your hairs," I told him as I took a seat at the bar next to him. He poured me a glass of Diddy's Ciroc.

I chugged it down and slid the glass to him as I stood up on my six inch heels. Cain watched me as I adjusted my dress to cover the love marks that Brooks left on my body. Well in his case, sex marks, because that's all it was. Sex.

"That girl did a number on you," he laughed. I looked at my thighs and saw the hand prints and scratch marks.

"Makes me look trashy, huh?" I asked.

"Sis you trashy regardless. Just go out and have some fun," he told me. And on that note I left. I drove to the Ritz Cabaret club on Broadway. The women in there are normally bad as hell. I took Nicki there on her 21st birthday. She got a lap dance from Golden, one of the strippers here. I'm hoping to see her again.

"Queen," the bouncer nodded his head my way. I guess you can say we are known in Baltimore, but I am known here. I spend at least five hundred dollars here once I do come. And that's on a day I don't have much money.