Chapter 9: Tell Them the Truth

Queen

I looked at her over my shades as she approached me looking like an entire snack. She wore her red Balenciago suit that I got her for her birthday. Her long black hair hung low just how I liked it. But what I liked most was her tattoos covering her skin. It was attractive on her pale skin.

She sat down with a smile on her face. "Hey baby." She placed her Gucci purse on the table and took her shades off, to reveal those beautiful eyes.

"So what's good?" I asked. She shrugged and took one of the menus from the table. Apple Bees is her favorite and I knew she would fuck with it. If it wasn't for that, she wouldn't even be here after that phone call.

"You look good," I told her. She looked up at me with a smile.

"Do I? Because my girl Nia-"

"Don't start, Nicki. I'm trying to spend time with my shorty but she wants to bring up rumors. You acting like I don't stick and move correctly. You know I wouldn't be in public with no bitch knowing you would come for my head. I got too much love for you," I told her. It was partially true. Only difference is, I was with Brooks. She just looked at me like she knew I was lying.

"I love you, Queen. You know this. So why do you try to play me?" She looked both ways before leaning in. "They told me you be creeping with Brooks. Your brothers would kill you."

I froze. How could she know? Who else knows? Do I have to kill Nicki? Time to start thinking about me.

I sighed and sat back in my seat. I don't know what to do right now. But the only thing going through my twisted mind is taking her out to the country and blowing her brains out.

"Say something, Queen," she said.

"You don't know what you're talking about. Don't ever in your life let that come from your mouth," I frowned. She raised her eyebrows and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Don't forget who you're talking to. Don't get mad at me because you been out being a hoe. Play your cards right, suh," she snapped. I jumped up and stood over her. I wanted to grab her by her neck and drag her across the floor. She know she doesn't talk to me like that.

"Stop playing with me, Nicki. I'll fucking kill you and you know this," I threatened. All the people in the restaurant were watching us at this point. I don't care about a scene.

"You better stop before you be back in prison," she smirked.

"No you better stop before you be back in that rat infested apartment where I found you. You know I don't play with you," I snapped. She didn't say a word. She just looked away at the people that was staring. Her eyes landed back on me. Her mouth moved but nothing came out. I threw a hundred on the table for her and walked away. Every time I speak with this chick, she makes me wonder what I ever saw in her.

"Where you going?" She called out to me. I ignored her and exited through the doors. I got in my car and drove to Brooks's house. I knocked on his door and waited on him to show up.

The doors crept open and his muscle stood there with his arms crossed. He looked down at me waiting for me to state my purpose.

"Is Brooks home?" I asked. He looked behind him and turned back to me.

"No. He stepped out for a minute," he shrugged. I mugged him and tried looking over his big broad shoulder. "You probably should go."

"Is he avoiding me?" I asked. The dude sighed and looked me up and down.

"Look. Brooks don't need your type of trouble in his corner. You'll only get him killed. Let's be very serious. You bad energy, shorty," he told me. I mugged him until he finally looked away.