Chapter 10:Me and my Girlfriend

I hopped in his Jag and roared off with the windows down. The wind blew through my hair as he did the dash down the street.

"What you like to listen to?" He looked over at me. I thought and my mind went straight to my favorite rapper and singer.

"I love Tupac and Aaliyah." I smiled. He laughed a little.

"We just alike. I don't listen to Aaliyah, though." He quickly shook his head and turned off the interstate towards the East. I smiled at our similarities. Guys normally like NBA Youngboy and other rappers that really don't excite me. It's good to know that there's still a guy who likes real music.

"What about food? I strongly fuck with Pizza Hut." I smiled ear from ear at the thought of a large meat lover's pizza to myself. I won't gain a pound, so why not pig out?

"You're basic for that, Queen. You don't like expensive shit?" He laughed.

"I'll eat there, but I love Pizza Hut pizza and I love Chick Fil A." I smiled.

"I can see now I'm gone marry you because you're not as expensive as I thought," he laughed.

I turned and looked out the window. I couldn't help but smile at him considering to marry me. No one really wants to marry me. They're normally too scared of my brothers.

We pulled up to Messiah's warehouse and my stomach dropped. I didn't realize how nervous I was until I saw Cain posted up outside smoking a blunt. He looked at the car, but couldn't see inside for Brooks's tinted windows.

"You ready?" Brooks asked. I was speechless. I wasn't ready for my brothers to cut me off. Not at a time like this, anyway. We just dropped our little brother in the ground about three weeks ago. I want them to know that Brooks had nothing to do with it.

"Let's go," I opened the door and stepped out. Cain looked at me with confusion.

"Who whip you in, sis?" He asked as he approached me. I didn't respond. Brooks stepped out and walked around to my side. The look on Cain's face was a look that I will never forget. He didn't look mad or happy. He just stared at us with a blank stare.

"Cain-"

"She's my shorty, now." Brooks took the words from my mouth. Cain pulled the blunt from his lips and put it behind his ear. He looked from Brooks and down at me. I knew he was disappointed in me because he never got this speechless.

"Leave." Was all he said.

"Cain, I like him. He likes me." I tried to explain to him. He slightly cringed at those words. He frowned at me and crossed his big arms over his hard chest.

"Queen are you on crack? You know you don't do no shit like this. Fuck You think you doing with my sister?" He turned to Brooks, but Brooks wasn't shook. I liked how he wasn't afraid of nobody.

"I can see who I want to see. Queen is a grown woman," Brooks stated. Cain walked closer to him, but I grabbed his arm to stop him. He roughly yanked away from me and looked at me like he wanted to smack me. I've never seen him so angry at me. It scared me.

"Keep your hands off me!" He snapped.

"What's going on out here?" The warehouse door opened and Messiah came out with a confused look. He looked at Brooks like he was confused as to why he's here. "What you doing on my turf, homeboy?"

Cain quickly rushed to Messiah's side and whispered something in his ear. They both looked at me with nothing less than hatred. Messiah held Cain back as he walked closer to us.

"Queen," was all Messiah could say. I could hear the hurt slipping from his lips. I was officially ashamed. I looked up at Brooks to see if he was even worth it. My heart instantly melted as he looked down at me. It felt right. I've never felt something so right.