Chapter 16: Busted

"Oouuu! That's cold!" I screeched. The doctor rubbed the jelly substance around on my lower stomach as I lied on the bed. Brooks leaned against the wall as he stared at the screen.

"You hear that?" He asked me. I lied, staring at the ceiling. My heart was beating at the same rhythm as my baby. I fought the tears back as I looked at the screen. I didn't even know what I was looking at. I just knew whatever it was, was inside of me.

"That's crazy." Brooks wiped his eyes as he tried to get himself together.

"That's us, Brooks. We did that," I smiled at him. He was still wiping his eyes as he had his face covered.

"Looks pretty good. You're roughly a month pregnant. You can get your prenatal vitamins from the pharmacy next door." The doctor was smiling as hard as I was. He rubbed the jelly off my stomach and let my pull my shirt down. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

He gave Brooks and I a minute to be alone. He took his clipboard and exited the room.

"I never felt that feeling before," I told him. He helped me sit up and he sat across from me in a chair.

"That's love. I already know how that feels," he told me. He held my hands and kissed them. "I love its mom, so I know I'll love them."

"I've been in love before," I corrected him.

"With a man? Not with a woman?" He asked with raised eyebrows. I didn't have anything to say.

Brooks and I are having a baby. He actually loves me. We actually have beyond great living quarters for our baby.

"So you can just move in with me," I said with a smile. He looked at me like I had two heads.

"My house is way bigger than yours. Why not live with me?" He frowned.

"I mean my neighborhood is nice with no robberies. My neighbors are sweet. Besides, Molly has to meet the baby," I said.

"Fuck that. My neighborhood is good too. Don't act like you the only one with nice shit. And I don't like that damn all white furniture you have. That shit isn't baby proof," he said.

I ignored him and unlocked my phone. I'm not leaving my home that my brother spent so much money on getting me. I refuse to leave my first own home. Brooks is crazy. My house is just as big as his. Besides, who needs a big ass house when the baby probably is going to only be on the living quarters of the house. Who needs a east wing and shit?

"Fuck you. I'm not moving in with you," I said as I continued scrolling through my contacts. I clicked on Cain's name. Time to put my big girl panties on and not be afraid of Cain.

"Who you calling?" Brooks asked.

"My dad," I said sarcastically.

"What is it, Queen? Did you confront that nigga yet?" He asked.

"He didn't do shit," I said. The other end got quiet. I knew Cain was about to run off at the mouth so I decided to stop him.

"I'm having his baby, and Messiah knows. Everything is everything, B. Either you like it or love it," I shrugged. Brooks smirked at my sudden boldness. I didn't want to be so harsh, but you have to be harsh with Cain. He wouldn't mind destroying my feelings. Well, maybe he would, but that's not the case.

"You're having a baby?" He asked. His voice sounded so calm.

"With Brooks," I said.

"I don't care about that. My little sister is actually having a baby," he laughed a little. A small smile formed on my face.