Chapter 15: Half on a Baby

There she was. Sitting on the steps minding her business. I knew she was going to go ape shit when she saw me.

"Your house is nice," I heard Brooks say. I ignored him as he pulled into my driveway. Molly immediately shot her head up and squinted. I jumped out the car and ran over to her. She popped up and met me half way across her yard. I picked her up and swung her around like she was my long lost sister.

"Did you miss me?" I asked.

"Yes! I drew so many pictures for you. Daddy said you weren't coming back," she said sadly. Why would his trifling ass say that? Was he planning to knock me off or something? I'll handle him later.

"I'll always come back for Queen Molly," I kissed her cheek and put her down. She just couldn't stop smiling up at me as she didn't know what to say.

"You're still pretty," She giggled.

"And you're still an amazingly beautiful kid yourself," I smirked. Her smile fell when she saw Brooks standing by his car, watching us.

"Where's Nicki?" She asked. That's a name I haven't spoken of in a minute.

Nicki

She's probably somewhere giving the next person a headache. Gosh, I can almost feel the headache she's giving.

"Somewhere getting on someone's nerves," I laughed with Molly.

"See ya' later, Queen! My mom is taking me to ballet class in a few. I'll see you when I get back, right?" She said.

"Of course, girl. I'm not going anywhere any time soon," I blew her a kiss before walking back to my yard. She waved at me before disappearing into her house.

"Dang, your neighborhood fucks with you pretty tough, huh?" Brooks commented. I ignored him and unlocked the hundred locks I had on my door. I pushed the double doors open and stepped foot into my home. I barely could get a word in before this dude just started freaking out over my home.

"Oh, you bougie bougie." He said as he admired all the paintings along the wall in the corridor. I got all these paintings from auctions for at least a couple thousands. Molly likes to come over and look at them. I think she's going to be some famous artist one day, because she loves to draw me or for me. I'm all for her future being bright.

"Let's check out my theatre." I nudged him to follow me to a door down the long hallway. He touched and admired different vases and pictures of my family. He stopped once he saw the four of us as little kids. Messiah was like 12-years old. He held that innocent smile upon his sweet face. Then, Cain was like 7. He followed up behind Messiah wherever he went. He's still his brother's keeper to this day. Then there my 4-year-old self standing next to Cain. I was a sassy something. You couldn't tell me nothing. I knew my brothers would do anything for me. And there I was struggling to hold my 1-year-old brother in my arms.

Boy how I miss those days. That day we were picture ready because mom bought us these name brand clothes with her drug money. I mean we were rocking Burberry at the age of 2.

"Messiah and Cain, could y'all stop playing and hold still!" Mom called out to my brothers as they were play fighting.

"Mom, Duke is heavy!" I whined.

"Shut up, Queen. You're a cry baby," Messiah laughed.

"Want me to hold him?" Cain asked.

"No, I got him," I held Duke tighter.

"Those days were lit," I smiled.

"I could tell by that cheesy grin on your face." Brooks leaned down and kissed my cheek. It warmed my face as I knew I was blushing now.