Chapter 21: Get Away

"Pick him up," Queen said. I grabbed him as he shook on the basement floor. We wet him up and stung him with a stung gun. I thought that would have killed him at least.

"Fuck! Why won't you die?" I shoved him back in the chair. He gasped for air as he squeezed his eyes shut.

"Open your eyes you punk! Be a man!" Mr. Morino yelled.

"I'm making spaghetti. Do you guys want to stay for dinner?" Mrs. Morino called from upstairs.

"Yes!" Queen and I said in unison. Mr. Morino smiled at Queen as she put her air up in a bun. I could tell she was getting hot and tired. It's about time for her to sit down.

"Why don't you take a seat and enjoy the show?" I nodded my head towards the plastic covered sofa.

"I'm fine," she held her stomach slightly.

"Sit down. Don't kill my baby," Brooks continues to speak. Queen drew back and struck him across the face, causing his nose to bleed more.

"Shut him up," Queen said as she walked over to the couch. She lied on it as if she was seeing a shrink. She held her stomach as she moaned slightly.

"Are you okay? Do you need to go to the doctor?" I asked. She looked at me in the corner of her eyes.

"Doctor? We're wanted," she laughed a little.

"Queen," Brooks mumbled, causing us all to look his way. His voice sounded defeated. I knew he was giving up on life. He knew he would die with his blood on our hands.

"Speak!" Queen said. She lied there with her eyes closed as if she was in a dream.

"I'm sorry. I really did like you in the beginning. But I knew I had to keep it strictly business, and I saw an opportunity. You were so gullible," he laughed at the last part. "I know I'm not leaving here alive, but at least say a name that you're giving the boy or girl."

I looked at Queen and saw she still had her eyes closed. A small smile formed on her lips.

"Duke or Messiah. You know? The ones you murdered?" She spoke with rage. Her eyes shot open and she sat up. She stood up from the couch and walked slowly towards Brooks.

He watched her like he was watching a snack. She leaned in his face as he admired her frame.

"You still love me?" She asked. A single tear slipped from her eyes. "I still love you somehow."

"Okay, get her out of here. She talking out her head," Mr. Morino said. I grabbed Queen by the arm but she snatched away.

"I never loved you, but I did grow to like you a little. It's like I wanted your brothers dead and wanted you hurt really bad. It's nothing personally. If it helps, you're the baddest bitch I've ever been with. Put that pussy on a leash, it may hurt somebody," he smirked.

I drew back and punched him in the face. I don't know if it was his jaw or my knuckles, but I heard a crack. I looked at my bloody knuckles and frowned.

"Ahhhh!" Brooks muffled. I knew I broke his jaw. No one is going to talk about my sister in that way. Especially in front of me. I must look like a clown!

"Bitch, shut up and be a man!" I yelled. Mr. Morino grabbed Queen and turned her to him.

"You're a Queen. You don't need anyone telling you so," he assured her. Queen winced in pain as her knees got weak.

"Let my wife help you. She did a little bit of medical school to be a dentist," he said.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the stash, but I know that Mrs. Morino's credentials can not help my sister. She has stomach pain, not a toothache.