Chapter 18: Blood is Thicker than Water

I watched my phone buzz as Brooks continued to blow my line. I don't want to speak to him. He has ruined my family, ruined our name, and ruined my life. How could he kill his own people? How could he be so bold to kill my brother? I know for a fact my child is going to be one fatherless child, because I'm going to put a bullet in his head myself.

"Did you call Messiah?" Cain came down the stairs with a black duffel over his shoulder. I knew what was in it by the sound it made as he tossed it on the couch next to me.

"You didn't tell me to. What do I need to do?" I unzipped the bag and saw all the guns I knew were stored in there. I saw my beautiful silver 9 mm staring back at me. I reached for it, but Cain slapped my hand.

"I want you to call Messiah. Tell him to bring his ass and leave the bullshit," Cain ordered. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Okay, but can I get my gun? I am riding out, right?" I squinted my eyes. Cain is playing himself if he thinks I'm not going to handle business. He bugging really hard.

"Shorty, you not about to get you and my nephew or niece killed. Let Messiah and I be men alone," Cain grabbed my gun and tucked it away. I heard a hard knock at the door, causing me to jump.

"It's me. I'm ready to go handle business," I heard Messiah. Cain frowned slightly. I guess they weren't on good terms yet. Cain just stood there staring at the door. He stared as if he was looking at a ghost.

"Aren't you going to open the door?" I asked him.

"Open up, man. I'm ready," Messiah spoke again. Cain put his finger over his lips to silence me. He was scaring me now.

I jumped up from the couch and stood by his side. Cain has never looked this terrified. I wasn't with him the day they took Duke down, but I can only imagine this is how he looked.

"What's wrong?" I snatched my gun from him and pointed it towards the door. His fear is whatever was on the other side of the door.

"Messiah isn't alone." He grabbed a gun from the bag and pointed it towards the door. "Go out through the back."

I wasn't going to have two more brothers killed. I'm not going any damn where.

"I'm staying with you." I whined.

"Open the fucking door, Cain! I know Queen isn't in there!" Messiah yelled, agitatedly. I looked up at Cain and his poor mouth hung low. He looked at me and then back at the door.

"He wants you to leave because someone has a gun to his head. I've been around Messiah too long. He wouldn't have said your name if he didn't want you gone. Be smart and leave. They killed one of us off guard. We won't allow that to happen this time," Cain said. A single tear fell down his smooth cheek. I felt nauseous and sad all at once. I don't want to be pregnant anymore. I want to have the family that I still have.

"Trust me," He said. I grabbed my phone and headed towards the back door. But that was just my luck. I saw Brooks' boys lingering in the back.

"I can't leave. They are all around the house," I told Cain. He just looked at me. I knew that he didn't know what to do. He knew he wanted to let Messiah in before it was too late.

"I'm coming!" Cain called. I leaned against the wall with not one a clue. I don't know what's going to happen when we open that door. I do know that Brooks do not want to see me right now.

Cain approached the door and I held my gun cocked. He slowly opened and stood in my view. I couldn't shoot if I wanted to. Cain stood in front of my gun like he knew what he was doing.