Chapter 1: Ashpaw meets Scourge

This is a story of the young pale gray tom, his name is Ashpaw, the appretice of ThunderClan. He was the bravest appretice at them all.

He went on a hunt to catch a squirrel. He ran as fast as he can. Ashpaw almost reach the sqiurrel, then it's too late. He looked up at the sqiurrel, climbing up top the tree.

"Oh, man!" Ashpaw wailed, staring at the squirrel.

The squirrel gave him a dirty look, Ashpaw groaned. His sister Fernpaw just giggling at him.

"Oh, Ashpaw," meowed Fernpaw, still giggling. "Give it up, already! You won't be able to catch it now."

Ashpaw scowled, walking away from her. "Who asked you, Fernpaw?" he asked, giving her a mean look, he was staring at the squirrel waiting to come down.

Something it popped in his mind. "Where did Whitestorm go to?" he asked.

"Well, Whitestorm said to tell you that he was looking for rabbits," Fernpaw told him, looking around.

They froze themself, they heard a noise from the bushes. They turned around and saw the strange cat.

"Who's there?" Fernpaw asked nervously.

The strange cat came out of the bush, it was the huge tabby tom.

"Bramblepaw?" They blinked their eyes.

"Hi, guys!" Bramblepaw meowed, carrying the dead bird.

"Bramblepaw!" Fernpaw hissed. "You mouse-brain! You scared us!"

He laughed, he was putting the prey down. "Sorry, guys," he replied. "I was going after this crow. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah, sure!" Fernpaw rolled her eyes.

Ashpaw started to laugh. "It was funny, though," he replied, winking at him.

Fernpaw sighed, rolling her eyes again. "Toms..." she murmured.

"Come on, guys!" Brambleclaw ordered, grab the prey and carrying it around. "Let's go back to ThunderClan. I'm sure Whitestorm was waiting for us."

They nodded.

Ashpaw stopped. He heard a noise from the bushes again. He started to freak out when he bristle his fur, his whole body.

There was a rabbit came out of the bush.

Ashpaw gasped with an excitement face. Rabbit! He started to catch it. The rabbit kept hopping in the trail. Then it got away.

Ashpaw was panting. He gleamed his eyes. He was looking around, thinking that he's lost.

Uh-oh.... Ashpaw blinked his eyes, he was feeling nervous to be alone. I think I'm lost. Where am I?

"Hi there," the unfamiliar voice meowed coldly.

Ashpaw gasped, turning around and see someone was talking to him.

"Who's there?" Ashpaw asked nervously.

He saw the strange small black tom coming out of the bush. Ashpaw blinked his eyes. He stared at his cold gaze. His one paw is white.

"Who..... who are you?" Ashpaw asked, stepping away from the small black tom.

"I'm Scourge," he told him, giving him a cold gaze. "You're trespassing in BloodClan territory."

"BloodClan?" Ashpaw was confused, he was feeling nervous if Scourge will rip his fur out.

"Yes, you never heard of BloodClan?" The small black tom snapped, asking him a question.

He shook his head, he was blushing as he was feeling nervous, still. "No, sir," he mewed. "I've never heard of it......"

"Well, next time if you ever cross our territory, you'll get rib out of your fur, got it?" Scourge was staring into his gaze, Ashpaw stepped back away from him.

He began to say something to him. "I'm sorry, sir," he apologized, giving him a nervous face, Scourge knew he was being cute when he does that. "I'm sorry I crossed over your board."

"Board?" Scourge was confused. "We don't live in the forest. We lived in the Twolegplace."

"Wait, what?" Ashpaw gleamed. "You lived in the Twolegplace? Are you a kittypet?"

Scourge started to growled at him, using his bare teeth. "I'm not a kittypet!" he snarled. "Stop calling me a kittypet, forest cat!"

Ashpaw had never seen him so angry before. He tried to step back, but he doesn't want to. He'd rather stay and talk to him. "Umm... My name's Ashpaw," he replied. "I'm a ThunderClan apprentice. I'm learning how to become a warrior."

Scourge was still confused.

"I'm sure you don't about the warrior code," Ashpaw meowed.

"What's the warrior code?" Scourge asked.

Ashpaw was blushing, looking away from him. "I don't know if I ever talk to you as a stranger," he murmured, he started to walk away from him. "I.... I gonna go." Then he started to walk away from him.

"Wait!" Scourge grabbed his tail, Ashpaw gasped when he fell down. "Tell me anything! Please!" Ashpaw knew he was begging him, asking him what's the warrior code.

Ashpaw was blushing again, he felt embarrassed when he was dragging him around. Scourge let go of his tail. "Okay," he meowed embarrassed. "The warrior code is as follows: Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory."

Scourge's icy blue eyes were wide. "Really?" he asked.

Ashpaw nodded, giving him a smile. "Of course," he replied. "That's what we can do, Scourge. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory. Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice. The deputy will become Clan leaderwhen the leader dies, retires or is exiled. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh. A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time. Boundaries must be checked and markeddaily. Challenge all trespassing cats. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan. The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win their battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet. Each Clan has the right to be proud and independent, but in times of trouble they must forget their boundaries and fight side by side to protect the four. Each Clan must help the others so that no Clan will fall."

Scourge was sitting there and listen what Ashpaw waa saying. "Interesting," he murmured. "You had a mentor to teach you how to become a warrior, right?"

Ashpaw nodded. "Yeah, that's right," he smiled. "Dustpelt was my mentor. He taught me a lots of skills."

Scourge gave him a smirk. "I see," he meowed. "I like that rules." He stood up, starting to walk away from him. "I'm gonna go back to my Clan. I'll see you around, okay?"

Ashpaw nodded. His cheeks were red, he was staring at him, watching him walking away for a few seconds.

He gleamed his eyes, shaking his head. What just happened? he asked himself. Am I having a crush on him? No! No way! You do not like this cat! I must go back to ThunderClan!