Chapter 7: Hollyleaf

Ashfur and Scourge went on a patrol with Blood, the deputy of BloodClan. They went to the field to find a pray.

"Hey, Scourge," Ashfur called, he was wearing his purple collar with sharp tooth and claws.

"Yeah?" Scourge asked, smiling at him.

"Do you guys know how to hunt?" he asked back.

They nodded.

"Yep," Blood meowed, nodding his head. "We learned how to hunt." Blood started to run in the field, making sure if nobody's in their territory.

"But can you guys do that? Can you understand?"

"Of course we understand, Ashfur," Scourge murmured, padded his back with his tail. "All the cat's were learning how to hunt."

"Ohh.." Ashfur looked away, blushing.

"Hey, Scourge!" Blood meowed out, running toward at Scourge and Ashfur.

"What is it, Blood?" Scourge asked.

"There's a black she-cat was laying in the tunnel who was unconscious," Blood told him, making Scourge's eyes narrowing.

"Show me!" Scourge ordered. They started run in the field to find the black she-cat. Ashfur was confused about the black she-cat.

I don't know who's the black she-cat, Ashfur thought, running after his mate. But I have to find out!

When they went to the tunnel, Ashfur saw the familiar black she-cat who was the daughter of the unfamiliar she-cat who doesn't want him to be her mate.

It was Hollyleaf! Her leg was broken when the blood came out of her foreleg.

Hollyleaf!? Ashfur gasped, stepping away from her. What is she doing here? Then his mind popped out, making his eyes blink. Wait a second. I remember when she tried to kill me in the river, asking me who Scourge is! And why is she here, anyway?

Scourge saw Ashfur was stepping away for. "What's wrong?" he asked, making himself worried.

"I remember her," he murmured, pointing his paw at her. "It's Hollyleaf from ThunderClan. She's the one who killed me..."

"What!?" Scourge blinked. "And you didn't tell me?"

"I'm sorry, Scourge," he apologized, shook his head, making him depress. "I've haven't tell you before you rescued me from my death. It all started a long time ago when I was a young warrior." Scourge and Blood wete sitting each other as they were hearing Ashfur's story. "I used to tell on love with a she-cat named Squirrelflight."

"Squirrelflight?" Scourge asked, making him jealous. "Who's Squirrelflight!?"

"Calm down, Scourge," Blood ordered, calming him down, he turned his head at Ashfur. "Continued, Ashfur."

"Well, as I was saying," he continued. "Squirrelflight doesn't love me anymore, and now she's with Brambleclaw. When they were together, they had kits. Firestar wants me to mentor with Lionpaw. So one day.... when the forest is on fire, I had revenge on Squirrelflight for breaking my heart. She told me that her kits ain't her and Brambleclaw's. After the fire stopped, Hollyleaf went to find and tried to kill me. She asked me who Scourge is when I was whimpering, then she left me for dead in river."

Scourge and Blood had never heard of Ashfur's story. Scourge almost cry when he wiped his tears off. Blood didn't cry, he felt bad for the cat who was broken.