Chapter 14: Ashfur's Dream

Ashfur's P.O.V.

I laid on the den beside Scourge, I was rolling around and having a nightmare. When I woke up, I saw someone was staring at me. I stood up and walk toward the strange cat. I saw the strange cat who looks just like.....

Me?

That cat looks just like me. His fur is covered in blood and his eyes are black-blue. Then he started to walk away from me.

"No, wait!" I yowled, I started to run after her, then the forest was changing. I stopped where I was looking around, I saw the familiar place called ThunderClan. I've been there since I was born in the old territory and moved in the new forest. I saw Squirrelflight was flirting with..... me!

That cat was me from the past! Is it a long time ago when I was a young warrior? When I used to fell in love with Squirrelflight?

I saw Squirrelflight was staring at Brambleclaw, I knew it was just a dream.

"Ashfur, I'm sorry," Squirrelflight told him, gave him a sad look. "I... I don't love you." 

I saw the real me was confusing. "But... Squirrelflight," he wailed. "I thought we can be together...."

Then Squirrelflight was with Brambleclaw, my old best. Brambleclaw! I snarled, I started to claw at Brambleclaw for betraying me, not being my friend no more. We used to be friends when we were apprentices. Then it changed again.

I saw the real me again, then the familiar dark brown tabby tom came to help the real me for a trap fox. It was Hawkfrost. The real me, or I can call it the other Ashfur, whatever, went on a mission to put a trap on the ground, then Firestar gets trapped around his neck. Then Brambleclaw came to rescue Firestar. I knew Brambleclaw had killed him in front of me. I started to gasp when Hawkfrost's blood coming out of his body when the blood is running. Leafpool, Squirrelflight's sister, had told us about the prophecy. Then it changed again.

I saw Ashfur was mentoring with Lionblaze when he was an apprentice.  Then we had a fight when we wete training. I got myself in trouble when Brambleclaw came to stop us. Then it changed again. What on StarClan do my dark side kept showing me this? It's too much!

Then finally..... the fire, the ashes....... I saw the other Ashfur was blocking the branch behind Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather.

"Enough, Ashfur," Squirrelflight hissed. "Your quarrel is with me. These young cats have done nothing to hurt you. Do what you like with me, but let them out of the fire."

Ashfur, the real me, looked at her in surprise. "You don't understand. This is the only way to make you feel the same pain that you caused me. You tore my heart out when you chose Brambleclaw over me. Anything I did to you would never hurt as much. But your kits..... If you watch them die, then you'll know the pain I felt."

Squirrelflight met his gaze. "Kill them, then. You won't hurt me that way." She took a step away from him, then looked back over her shoulder. "If you really want to hurt me, you'll have to find a better way than that. They are not my kits."

I heard them gasping with horrified.  One of them were surprising when they didn't know Squirelflight isn't their real mother. Then it changed again.

I saw the evil Ashfur was staring at me, his evil dark blue eyes are stsringbat me.

"Why are you showing me like this?" I asked, I started to cry. "It's too much!"

"That's because you hurt the one that you loved," my dark side told me, smirking at me.

I started to blink my eyes to think of a cat who I ever loved. "You mean Squirrelflight?" I asked.

Ashfur nodded. "Yes." He showed me around and see my family. It's my mother Brindleface, my siblings, and my sister Ferncloud. I had lost my family and my friends, except my sister who nursed her kits.

"My family...." I turned around and see my old friends. "My friends...!"

"When you ever loved someone, than you should kill them all," my dark side told me, started to chuckled.

"No!" I cried, stepping away from them. "I can't! I'm a good person! I don't want to hurt anyone! It's too much! I had a family now! I had a mate and my kits! Just.... leave me alone!"

Then he smirked at me again. "Then why do you kill the one you loved?" He asked, pointing down when I looked, I saw my son Couragekit was being abused.

"Please..... no more!" Couragekit cried, begging me to stop.

With a horror, I was figuring it out when I had beat him up. I started to call out his name and telling him I'm sorry I was. I knew he looks just like Squirrelflight and Scourge. I would never hurt my son like that!

Then I woke up, I was breathing as I looked down at my mate Scourge who was sleeping beside me. I took a deep breath, then I closed my eyes and fall asleep again. I hope I'm not having a nightmare again.