Chapter 23: The Truth

"Scourge?" Lionblaze blinked his eyes. "Ashfur? You two are alive?"

Ivypool stepped forward at the golden tabby tom. "Lionblaze, don't you remember?" she asked, staring at his gaze. "Remember when Longtail and Mousefur tells us a story when Ashfur saved Scourge from Firestar when he was an apprentice? After they told you a story, and then they told us a story."

Lionblaze gasped, gleaming his eyes as he was stepping away from them. "No way....." he gulped. "So are you telling that Scourge is still alive?"

They nodded. Lionblaze saw Ashfur was staring at him.

"But, first of all, why is Ashfur still alive?" Lionblaze asked, pointing at him. "How did he survive?"

Ashfur smiled, stepping close to him. "Well, you see, Lionblaze," he looked back at his mate as Couragekit was hiding Scourge's back. "Scourge found me dead in the river, then he brought me to his Clan, then I joined his Clan."

"What!?" He blinked his eyes, he felt so surprise what Ashfur was talking about. "Are you a BloodClan cat now?"

Ashfur nodded, smiling.

"But what about Hollyleaf?" Lionblaze asked them again. "How did you found her?"

Scourge chuckled. "We found her in the tunnel when she was injured, so then we became friends."

"You mean she's a BloodClan cat, too?"

Hollyleaf shook her head, felt embarrassed. "It's not what do you think am I," she smiled. "I lived in the tunnel while I went to visit them."

Scourge rolled his icy blue eyes. "Whatever you say, Hollyleaf," he murmured.

"I didn't expected that you had friends," Dovewing was curious, gleaming her eyes.

"Well, we were friends," Ashfur smiled, turning his eyes.

"But Ashfur," Lionblaze meowed, narrowing his eyes. "You're the one who tried to kill us. Is that why you loved Squirrelflight?"

Ashfur scoffed. "Not anymore." He pressed Scourge's fur. "Scourge is my mate now."

"What!?" Lionblaze blinked his eyes again. "You're gay....?"

Ashfur nodded.

"Totally gay," Scourge smirked.

Then they were silent, it took a seconds until they can talk.

"Are we gonna talk or what?" Couragekit asked, being curious.

Lionblaze stepped close to Hollyleaf. "Oh, Hollyleaf," he purred her cheek. "I'm so glad you come back. Will you come back to ThunderClan?"

Hollyleaf didn't reply, she turned her head at Ashfur, Scourge, Couragekit, Dovewing, and Ivypool. They nodded their heads, then Hollyleaf was about to say to her brother. "Yes," she replied.

"Yes!" Scourge was exclaiming as he was jumping around. "We were going to see Ashleykit again!"

"Ashleykit?" Lionblaze was confused, then his mind popped out of his mind. "You mean Ashleypaw?"

He stopped, then he sat beside his mate. "Oh, yeah," he murmured. "I forgot.... She's an apprentice."

Ivypool nodded. "And Squirrelflight becomes a mentor with Ashleypaw," she explained.

Suddenly, Ashfur blinked his dark blue eyes and began to shriveling. "Squirrelflight?" he muttered nervously.

"Yeah," Dovewing smiled, staring at his cold gaze. "Do you want to see her again?"

Ashfur didn't reply, he started to nod his head slowly. Scourge knew he was scared of Squirrelflight after she had rejected him. He had heard a story about Squirrelflight had rejected him to choose Brambleclaw. Then Ashfur became his mate forever.

"It's okay, Ashfur," Scourge smiled, touching his forepaw. "If you don't want to, thats fine."

Ashfur smiled. "Thank you," he replied.

Lionblaze smiled. "Let's go, guys." Then they were heading to ThunderClan to see Ashleykit again.