Chapter 15: Scourge's Choice

5 moons later, Couragekit and Ashleykit almost reached their 6 moons. Ashfur and Scourge had raised them by themselves after Hollyleaf had gave up on them. Blood, Gray, and Ashfur came back from patrol. Ashfur had taught Gray how to become a warrior.

"Look, it's Ashfur!" Couragekit pointed out, running toward at them. "They're back! Yes!" He padded at Ashfur's forepaws. "How was it, guys?"

"Boring," Ashfur chuckled at him, gave him a lick. "You guys didn't miss much."

"But we didn't miss that much!" Couragekit squeaked at his foster father. "We only heard of Jayfeather and Cinderheart. Are they from ThunderClan?"

Ashfur nodded. "Of course." He turned around and see Scourge was sleeping in his den by himself. Ashfur poked his head to wake him up. "Scourge, wake up!" he meowed, poked him again.

Scourge woke up and see his face. He yawned as he was stressing. "How's the patrol?" he asked, gave him a smile.

"It was fine," Ashfur told his mate. "We got rabbits, birds, and squirrels."

Scourge chuckled tiredly. "That's fine," he sighed, Ashfur knew he's wore out.

He sat beside him. "Umm... Scourge, I was thinking," he replied. "If they turned 6 moons old, can we..... go back to ThunderClan?"

Scourge sighed. He knew he doesn't decide. "I don't know, Ashfur," he murmured. "Everyone thinks I'm evil or something. I'm scared of the cats who hates me. I can't..... I'm sorry, my love."

"Scourge, it's okay," Ashfur licked his forehead. "No other cats will ever hate you."

Scourge saw Couragekit was running toward at him. "Dad!" he squeaked at him. "You're awake!" He stopped, he saw Scourge was tired.

"Couragekit, please," Scourge exhaled, he padded his forehead. "I'm wore out, son."

"Sorry, dad," he apologized.

"Well, boy?" Scourge asked him. "What are you wanna talk about it?"

"I had a question, dad," Couragekit meowed, staring at his gaze.

"Yes, go on," Scourge nodded his head.

Couragekit took a breath. "Dad, umm... when we turned 6 moons, does it mean we have to go to ThunderClan with Hollyleaf? Does it mean you have to come with us?"

Scourge sighed, looking down and shaking his head. "I don't know," he closed his eye, feeling expressive. "Couragekit, I don't know if I can go to ThunderClan. I'm a..... murderer."

Couragekit's eyes were wider. "You are?" he asked.

He nodded. "Yes, son."

Ashfur snuggled at Scourge. "Oh, come on, Scourge!" he begged, gave him a happy look. "It's the only way can raised our kits by ourselves. We were planning to bring our kits to ThunderClan,  so they can be part of them. Please!?"

"I don't know, Ashfur---"

"Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssse!??" Ashfur and Couragekit were begging him, then Scourge started to groaning at loud.

"Okay! Okay!" Scourge snapped. "I'll come!" He fell inti his den and feeling nervous.

"Yes!" Couragekit exclaimed, leaping at his father. "Thanks, dad! You're the best!" He went back to his sister Ashleykit.

Scourge sighed depressed. "No problem...." he moaned.