Chapter 6: Mission Ends in Disaster

Steve and Rumlow continued fighting, but they both seemed to be evenly matched.

"Come on!" Rumlow mocked.

He then pinned Steve to a building and got a blade from one of his gauntlets.

"This is for dropping a building on my face and not letting me near your sister," Rumlow remarked.

"I never said that, but I didn't want you near her anyway," Steve stated.

Steve then grabbed Rumlow's arm and pulled the gauntlet off, only for Rumlow to have another knife. But Steve took him out. Defeated and on his knees, Rumlow got rid of his mask, revealing how scarred his face actually was.

"I think I look pretty good, all things considered," Rumlow said.

"Who's your buyer?" Steve demanded.

"You know, he knew you. Your pal, your buddy, your sister's boyfriend, your Bucky," Rumlow smirked.

"What did you say?" Steve demanded.

"He remembered you and your sister. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender. But no matter what we did to him, he always remembered Y/N. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, 'Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go.' And you're coming with me," Rumlow remarked.

He turned on his bomb vest and Steve flinched as Rumlow's armor started to activate, but Wanda kept the blast contained around Rumlow who grimaced in pain. She levitated him in the air but then started losing control, and the explosion finally unleashed, taking out entire floors of a nearby office building. Wanda saw what she did and was shocked.

"Oh my..." Steve gasped quietly then informed over his radio, "Sam...we need...Fire and Rescue...on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N That went well. (Note the sarcasm.)