Chapter 18: Taken Prisoner

In Berlin, the police cars were taking the prisoners to their HQ. Bucky was in restraints in a prison pod while Sam, T'Challa, Steve, and Y/N were in a separate police car. Y/N watched Bucky sadly as he had his head bowed.

"So, you like cats?" Sam asked.

"Sam," Steve said.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam pointed out.

"Your suit...it's Vibranium?" Steve brought up.

T'Challa narrowed his eyes then explained, "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you and your sister...as both warrior and king...how long do you think you two can keep your friend safe from me?"

"As long as we're breathing," Y/N muttered.

"Why do you continue to protect him? You are throwing away everything about your career," T'Challa wondered.

"Because he wasn't always like this. If you knew what happened to him, you would understand. Plus, no matter what those people did to him, he managed to remember me and that means he still has some control," Y/N explained.

"Then he should've used it to stop himself from killing my father," T'Challa stated.

Steve and Y/N were stone faced as the convoy went underground.

Bucky's pod was taken away by a forklift as Steve and Y/N got out of the SUV. They looked at Bucky who didn't see him. Sam and T'Challa followed then Steve approached Sharon was standing with Everett Ross. Y/N then came in a different outfit.

(A/N Your new outfit above.)

"What's gonna happen to him?" Y/N asked worriedly.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you two. Psychological evaluation and extradition," Everett Ross answered.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander," Sharon introduced.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asked.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt," Everett Ross said.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that," Sam warned.

Bucky saw the siblings and looked at Y/N sadly.

"I warned you, Y/N. You should've stayed away," he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Great talk. (Note the sarcasm.)