Chapter 7: Love Still Strong

Bucky was done getting things he needed and headed back to the place he was hiding out in. He made it there, put everything away, then turned around to see Y/N, lying on his bed.

(A/N Your outfit.)

"Hey, handsome

"Hey, handsome. Fancy seeing you here," she smirked.

He chuckled as he approached her, saying, "You really are stubborn."

"Well, I want to be with you and I know you want to be with me too," Y/N pointed out, sitting up.

"I do. But I'm still dangerous. I would never forgive myself if you got hurt or killed because of me," Bucky said, sitting beside her.

She sighed and told him, "Bucky, I'm willing to take any risk to be with you. If you keep pushing me away, that's what will hurt or kill me. Let's face it; you're as stubborn as I am."

Bucky knew he couldn't talk her out of this. He felt her place her hand on his cheek and brought his face to look at her.

"Bucky, I've learned so many things that's happened since Steve was unfrozen. They were unspeakable things that I didn't think possible. But when I came to, the only thing I was focusing on was you. I thought I lost you in '44. I don't want to lose you again," she explained.

Bucky smiled, leaning into her touch. He placed his hand on hers to keep it on his cheek.

"Okay. You can stay," he agreed, she squealed with excitement, then he added, "On one condition."

"What might that be?" Y/N wondered.

"Out of curiosity, what unspeakable things happened to Steve?" Bucky asked.

Y/N breathed in and explained, "Well, right after he was unfrozen, he and the Avengers had to fight an alien invasion from happening to New York. It was lead by one of the Avengers' brother. The Avenger was Thor, the God of Thunder, while the one who lead the invasion was Loki, the God of Mischief. He used the same thing that powered HYDRA's weapons back in WWII to bring the aliens here. But the Avengers defeated him and he was taken back to this place called Asgard. Then when I left to be on my own, they fought this robot called Ultron and that was not one of Tony Stark's best ideas. And I don't understand this part, but after that and before Thor left, he told them that after the invasion, Loki got a girlfriend named Jamie who was from Earth. He claimed that she brought out some good in Loki and she understood why he did it, but I'm still trying to process why she wanted to meet him anyway. Then when Loki died, she was in complete depression mode. I hope she's doing better and all, but after that, Steve just told me some missions they went on."

Bucky nodded, absorbing everything that happened.

"Alright then. I got my answer, so you can stay," he told her.

In thanks, she kissed him, which he returned. When they parted, they laid down on the bed and just held each other, talking about what to do from here on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N All this information in one chapter. Crazy. And just so we're clear, I see a bit of myself in Loki.  Got it? 😏