Chapter 27: Another Member for Cap's Team

On the 6th level of a parking garage at the Leipzig/Halle airport, Steve drove up and he and the others got out to see Clint an Wanda in front of a gray van.

"Cap," Clint greeted.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve said.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favour. Besides, I owe a debt," Clint pointed out.

"Thanks for having my back," Steve said.

"It was time to get off my ass," Wanda responded.

"We haven't officially met. Y/N Rogers, Lady America," Y/N introduced.

"Clint Barton, Hawkeye," Clint said.

"Wanda Maximoff, Scarlet Witch," Wanda added.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve wondered.

"He's ready to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but...he should be good," Clint answered as he opened the back door to the van.

It revealed a man, Scott Lang, who was startled awake.

"What timezone is this?" he asked.

"Come on. Come on," Clint urged as he got him out of the van.

That's when Scott saw Steve and Y/N and was in awe.

"Captain and Lady America," he remarked as he shook Steve's hand.

"Mr. Lang," Steve greeted.

"Nice to meet you," Y/N said.

"It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain and Lady America," Scott stated as he stopped shaking Steve's hand then continued to Wanda, "I know you, too. You're great!"

He turned back to Steve and felt his shoulders.

"Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so...Thanks for thinking of me," Scott thanked.

"Do you think we could knock him back out?" Y/N whispered to Steve, who chuckled in response.

"Hey, man!" Scott told Sam.

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam said.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I--" Scott started.

"It was a great audition, but it'll-- it'll never happen again," Sam stated.

"But I would like to know what happened," Y/N smirked, making Sam give her a teasing glare.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked Scott.

"Something about some...psycho-assassins?" Scott answered.

"We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you're a wanted man," Steve warned.

"Yeah, well, what else is new?" Scott said.

"We should get moving," Bucky said.

"We got a chopper lined up," Clint told them.

"Dies ist eine Notsituation. Alle Passagiere müssen den Flughafen sofort evakuieren," a man over the radio informed.

(A/N "This is an emergency. All passengers must evacuate the airport immediately.")

"They're evacuating the airport," Bucky said.

"Stark," Sam muttered.

"Stark?" Scott questioned.

"Suit up," Steve told them.

As Y/N was heading to get in her uniform, Bucky took her hand and pulled her to the side.

"Y/N, before this happens, are you sure you want to do this?" Bucky asked.

Y/N smiled, put a hand on his cheek, and kissed him. This lasted for a minute then they parted.

"This is the first step to your freedom. So yes, I want to do this," she answered.

He smiled and nodded. So they went and got in their uniforms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Time for the Civil War.