Chapter 14: The Death of T'Chaka

In Vienna, in the complex, the United Nations, gathered to sign the Accords. T'Challa was looking through the window when he noticed Natasha there.

"Excuse me, Miss Romanoff?" a UN staffer called.

"Yes?" Natasha answered.

"These need your signature," he told her, she did, and he said, "Thank you."

"Thanks," she said.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight," T'Challa said.

"Oh, well, it's not always so flattering," Natasha replied.

"You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill...I wouldn't think you would be particularly comfortable in this company," he explained.

"Well, I'm not," she responded.

"That alone makes me glad you're here, Miss Romanoff," T'Challa told her.

"Why? You don't approve all of this?" Natasha asked.

"The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred," he pointed out.

"Unless you need to move a piano," King T'Chaka chimed in.

"Father," T'Challa greeted.

"Son. Miss Romanoff," T'Chaka returned.

"King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria," Natasha said.

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all this. I'm sad to hear that Captain and Lady Rogers will not be joining us today," T'Chaka told her.

"Yes, so am I," she responded.

"If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session," someone stated.

"That is the future calling. Such a pleasure," T'Challa said sarcastically.

"Thank you," Natasha said then went to her seat.

"For a man who disapproves of diplomacy, you're getting quite good at it," T'Chaka told his son.

"I'm happy, Father," T'Challa said.

"Thank you," the king said.

"Thank you," T'Challa returned.

Then T'Chaka went to the podium.

"When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria, were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative. Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace," T'Chaka said.

During the speech, T'Challa noticed something going on outside. He realized what was happening.

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" he warned.

That's when an explosion went off, causing the conference hall to be in ruins. T'Challa saw his father on the ground, not moving. He crawled to him and checked for a pulse but nothing. He held him close to him and rocked back and forth as tears started forming in his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Dang.