twenty two - spring cleaning

A/N: running out of ideas ha! pm me any chapter ideas and I'll be sure to credit you!!

———

We've made it home already after a very emotionally draining vacation. Basically after the whole job offer situation, we all decided to spend the last few days on the island in each other's presence till our trip was over.

The squad and I were chilling on the couch in silence, barely moving a muscle.

Finally, I decided to break the ice by standing up.

"Everyone, get up. It's too fucking moody in this house with all the blinds closed and this mess everywhere. We're going to do some spring cleaning," I ordered, opening the windows.

Shane hissed, "it's too bright."

"This light is exactly what we need to amp up our moods. C'mon, we all have a ton of shit to clean and do!" I said, trying to pull everyone off the couch,

"I think it'll be fun. We can create to-do lists and eat some treats," Garrett cheered, getting up to get some paper and a pen.

"Now that's the spirit!" I replied, clapping my hands.

Garrett sat down on the floor in front of the table. He put down the paper and started to write 'To-Do List' in a fancy font.

"Okay, so what's on the agenda?" He asked.

"Ooh! I have to walk the animals," Ryland chimed in as Garrett wrote it down.

I sat down next to Garrett, "someone has to pick up the dog shit outside," I said.

"Ugh, can't we just hire someone to do that," Shane whined, sipping his coffee.

"Shane, you're not going to feel accomplished if you just hire someone to do the job for you!" I groaned.

"Fine. Put laundry and dishes on the list too," Shane added, rolling his eyes.

"I have to tend the plants!" Garrett exclaimed, smiling like an absolute dork.

Andrew giggled from the couch. I stared up at him and smiled as we made eye contact.

"I think we have to buy some more snacks. We're running out," Morgan said as she held a huge bag of trail mix.

"I think we also need to just do a general clean up in this house. Like the trash inside, clothes on the floor, dirty windows," Andrew added, pulling his hood off his head.

"Alright. Is that it?" Garrett asked as he wrote everything down.

We all looked at each other and started adding more things like getting mail and cleaning the cars.

"Okay, yay! So I'm going to put this on the table and whenever you're doing one, put your initials in the checkbox next to it. You'll get a treat for each one you finish!" Garrett smiled, looking up at all of us.

Andrew giggled hysterically, "what do you mean 'a treat?'" He asked in between laughs.

"I dunno, just a treat," Garrett exclaimed.

"Is this like a competition now? Because you bitches are on," Shane said, narrowing his eyes and inhaling deeply.

"No!" Garrett wailed, "this is just a friendly little spring cleaning with rewards at the end!"

I laughed, "ok, ok. Let's just get started. I'll do the dishes first," I said, writing 'N.R' in the checkbox next to dishes.

Everyone started to lazily get up and wrote their own initials next to what they wanted to do.