twenty three - odd behavior

I was snuggled under the covers with my MacBook resting on my lap, editing away on a new video.

Andrew was in the shower connected to the room I was in.

Suddenly, his phone that was charging on the bedside table dinged. My hands fidgeted. I shouldn't check. But it's just so hard not to when it's right there. I quickly glanced over at the notification and saw a bright green dot icon which indicated that it was from iMessages. I bit my lips and ran a hand through my hair, feeling a tug at my heart. I groaned and reached over to grab his phone, comfortably sitting back down and looking at the notification.

3 unread messages:

Gabbie Hanna
I miss you, Andrew.

Please show up to the date we planned today, I'll be waiting for you. Please.

Don't let Nat know I don't want her being nosy again

I furrowed my eyebrows as my eyes analyzed all of the messages. Why on earth is she texting Andrew after they ended on bad terms? Also, what did she mean by 'please show up to the date we planned?' He planned a date with her?

I heard the shower turn off as I quickly jumped and placed the phone back on the table, going back to my laptop as if I hadn't left that realm.

Andrew walked into the room shirtless with a white towel firmly wrapped around his waist. His body had slight water droplets running down as his hair lightly fell against his head.

He made eye contact with me and blushed as he turned away quickly to grab clothes from his suitcase.

My eyes scanned his body as I took in his slightly toned figure. He had a subtle six pack, biceps, and most definitely a v-line.

He got his clothes and turned back to me as I finished staring.

"Are we doing anything today?" He asked me as he placed the clothes he grabbed down on the bed and ruffled his wet hair with another towel.

He grabbed the clothes and walked into the restroom, but was still in earshot for him to hear me.

"Not that I know of," I replied, "I have a ton of editing to do."

He hummed a response and came back out a few minutes later, wearing a gray shirt, a navy jacket, and his signature Adidas track pants.

"It's 80 degrees in Los Angeles yet you're wearing a jacket?" I exasperatedly asked.

He giggled and shrugged, "what if I get a bit chilly?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "do you have anything planned today though?" I asked him, hinting towards Gabbie's messages.

He furrowed his eyebrows and stood at the end of the bed in deep thought, "there was something I had to do today but I genuinely..." he tilted his head and thought harder, "...cannot remember."

Gabbie, Gabbie, Gabbie.

He walked over to the bedside table and picked up his phone as he gasped slightly. Andrew quickly walked to his suitcase on the ground and picked up a black cap, adjusting it on his head.

I tilted my head and stared at him, "where do you have to go?" I asked.

He hesitated for a moment and walked over to me, crouching down and placing both hands on my jaw as he brought me in for a forehead kiss. He lingered for a bit, almost as if he was stalling time to think of an excuse.

He released from the gentle kiss and let go, straightening his back, "I have a meeting to attend. But I'll be back after lunch."

I pouted and nodded.

He giggled and ruffled my hair as he brought his hand down to my jaw, "drink water, alright? Eat well and nap if you need to. I'll be back soon and we can listen to Kid Cudi if you want," he smiled to me.

My heart warmed at his affection as I nodded, "I'll be waiting, Siwicki."

"I know, Rowen," he replied, waving to me slightly as he walked out the door and left.

I trusted Andrew. Even if we weren't dating, he wouldn't just take our kisses and affection so lightly. Whether he was going to a meeting or had to work something out with Gabbie, I trusted him.

I sighed and went back to editing, trying to get rid of the thought of them two in my mind.

The door finally opened a few hours after I finished editing. I was currently stirring awake from my nap as I noticed Andrew, with his back turned towards me, sighing to himself as he took off his hat and placed it on the table.

He seemed stress.

I watched him for a bit as I noticed how lost he seemed to look, almost as if he was a stranger in this room.

"Are you okay?" I finally asked him as his head snapped to me.

"Uh—yeah. No, I'm fine," he stuttered, looking around the room and not making any eye contact with me.

I furrowed my brows at his odd behavior, "are you sure you're alright? You're acting strange," I replied.

Andrew cleared his throat and turned around to leave, "I should go back to my apartment. I need to go back to my apartment," he said before opening the door and leaving.

What the hell?

———