Make The Sun Shine Goldilock's Shoudlers Part 1

"It was all your fault." Fire slowly started to consume my body.

"You congregate with criminals. Murderers." No matter what I did, the blazing inferno that consumed me raged throughout the house.

"You'll be just like your father someday." I tried to reach out for my mother but, I burnt to her ashes all because I needed her to hold me. It's all my fault.

"A new era will come. And so will your father's inheritance rise within you." A woman's voice rang through my head. "Someday, you will protect, obey, and listen to your ruler. The one and only Salem..."

...the ringing of my office's phone woke me up from my bed.

I clumsily stumbled down the stairs and wondered why my shop was shaking like a ship on unsteady water. I then realized the alcohol I drank last night caused one hell of a hangover.

"Devil May Cry." I slurred out.

"Hey, it's Goldilocks. My teammates are gonna be gone for a few hours tonight, And I got nothing on my plate. Wanna meet in the usual place?"

"Sure." I hiccuped.

"Are you drunk again?"

"Well uh... I mean..." I looked to the ground in shame. "Yeah."

"Come on over and don't feel so sad." Yang's enthusiasm shined through the phone's speaker.

DMC

As I approached Yang from behind, my gaze couldn't help but stare at her figure being highlighted by the moonlight, as she sat over the edge of Beacon's tower. The moon shining on her made her golden hair almost glow.

"Hey, Goldilocks." I plopped down next to Yang, along with my hand gently falling onto her own.

...A long unbearable silence took place between the both of us. So instead of beating around the bush, I decided to cut it down in one swing. "I drank last night..."

Usually, I would feel uncomfortable talking about my self but, but when it's Yang listening, it makes it a little easier.

"Do you know why?" Yang laid her head on my shoulder.

I scoffed a little, "call it crazy. I've lost my mother and someone else when it's night, and that's usually when I start to drink. And it usually doesn't help when I want to see them again."

"Well, you got me." Yang proceeded to hug me

"Yeah, I know I do."

"Ever considered joining Beacon?"

"I don't think they'll let in a criminal." I gently pushed Yang off me.

"My friend Blake was a criminal too and she got in with no question." Yang started to get closer to me.

I stood up and gained distance from Yang."Your 'friend,' probably doesn't have wanted posters and bounties on her head."

"Are you really still bitter about the dance?" Yang stood up and got in my face.

"Maybe I don't like floozies."

"I said she was a friend and... You know what? Maybe I don't like secretly dating a criminal!"

... The uncomfortable silence started again. "I didn't mean it." Yang stepped towards me with a hand stretched out. "I was joking. Ya know, like usual?"

I slowly back-stepped towards the edge of Beacon's tower. "I think we'll need to keep a long distance relationship for a bit."

My body felt weightless as I leaped off of Beacon tower and left Yang all to her thoughts.

Next time I see her, I'll make it up to her.