Talking

Amber pov

I heard every thing that Jay said. I tried to wake up and tell him that I'm OK but I couldn't. I'm just here in this place of darkness. I've seen every thing that has happened in my life. From the time I was born till the time I ended up in this coma. I don't know why I can't wake up but I know I'm going to find a way out.

Jessica pov

I went back to the hospital to see how Amber and Jay was doing. I walked in the room and seen Jay watching TV.

" You look like shit. You need to go home, take a shower and go to sleep", I said sitting next to him

" I can't leave her by herself. I feel like this is my fault", he cried

I slapped him. " Jay this is not your fault. You couldn't do anything cause you weren't there. You tried to get Dre to drop this debt but he didn't. You need to stop crying and get your self together. Amber needs you. You can't help her if you're sitting here beating your self up", I said

" Your right. Can you stay with her while I go"

I shook my head yes and he left. I looked at Amber and started talking.

" Amber you need to wake up. Jay looks so miserable without you here. I remember when he took you to the restaurant. Jay looked so happy. Jay hasn't been happy in a long time. Me and you are the only people he has and you can't go. I can't be there for him like I use to because I have a daughter. It's hard trying to juggle a job and family. My family disowned me because of my daughter. Jay took me in and have been taking care of me for the longest. I may not know you but I can tell your a good person and you will treat him right. Jay really loves you. Please wake up ".

Jay pov

I went to my house, took a shower, grabbed something to eat. After that I went to the trap. I walked in and went straight to the office. I seen Dre in there counting money.

" You wrong for letting that shit happen to Amber ", I told him

" I know Jay and I'm sorry. I let my anger get the best of me and I didn't care about what they did to her ", he said

" You need anger management classes. She's a female. You can't do that shit"

" I know. We still boys right"

" Yeah we good. Next time I'm going to put a bullet in your ass "

"How is she "

" She's in a coma. They said they don't know if she is going to make it. She has a bruised lung and rib"

" I want to go see"

" I don't think that's a good idea. Dre let me finish pay off Amber's debt"

" No. Amber will finish it by herself. I don't want the money anymore. I have something way more valuable "

" Valuable. You treat her like shit. You just want to use her and when you get tired of her, you gonna let her go", I yelled slamming my hands on the table

" Amber is mine and there ain't shit you can do about it "

" Let's make a deal. Amber can finish off her debt but she lives with me. During the day she will work for you and when her time is done she comes to me"

" No. Jay I know you love Amber but she is mine. Here's what you don't know. Her mother signed over all rights to me till Amber reach a certain age. When she turns that age, she will be free but for now she is mine "

" How old will she be when she is free "

" I'm not telling you that. When the time comes you will know "

I was angry as hell. I just got up and left. I drove back to the hospital. I walked in the room to find Jessica asleep in the chair.

" Jessica I'm back. You can go home now ", I said shaking her

She woke up and stretched " You look better Jay. I'll see you later "

She kissed my cheek and left. I sat down in the chair that Jessica was sitting before and sighed. I ran my hands over my face and started praying.