Chapter One - Narnia

"Mum is going to destroy you" The 16 year old boy, William, told his little brother, Digory. Digory looked at the broken vase and cracked stand terrified. The siblings were running in the halls playing tag when Digory rounded the corner and crashed into the stand breaking his mothers favorite and most expensive vase.

"I told you both plenty of times to not run in the halls, now look at what you've done" The eldest daughter, Jadis, scolded her younger brothers. "They are not going to be happy about this" She said shaking her head. Digory looked at his older sister with tears in his eyes from the fear he had of his extremely strict and almost cruel mother.

"Jadis quit scaring the boy" The second eldest daughter said sternly to Jadis. Elizabeth looked at her little brother trying to comfort him as she knelt in front of him. "It's going to be alright Digory, it was an accident" She said.

"They were doing something that they shouldn't have been doing Elizabeth, stop being so easy on them" Jadis snapped to her sister and Elizabeth glared up at her.

"They were being boys Jadis. Children, that's what they are. Mother and Father keep them, us, locked up all day and expect us to follow their rules all the time. Their just children, they need to play. Stop being so hard and show some compassion" Jadis crossed her arms but kept quiet. Elizabeth calmed down looking back at her brother with a smile as if she didn't just lose her temper with her elder sister.

"Mummy's going to be upset" He whispered and she sighed nodding.

"Yes she will be Dig, but it's going to be alright. Just explain to her what happened and how sorry you are about it"

"But if he explains what happened he'll rat me out!" William explained. "He'll say we were racing down the halls and I'll be in trouble as well" He snapped.

"Well then maybe you both should have been more careful of where you were running and this wouldn't have happened" She growled giving her little brother a hard stare. "Besides this is just as much of your fault as it is his" She told him sternly.

"How is it my fault?! I didn't break the vase" He snapped.

"Yes but who's idea was it to run in the halls?" She snapped back and her brother silenced glaring at his sister.

"What's with all the yelling?" Their little sister asked rounding the corner looking tired, most likely just waking up from a nap. "Uh oh" She whispered looking at the vase walking closer to them. "Mummy's not going to like this" Elizabeth sighed standing up as the youngest of them all knelt down by the vase picking up a piece of the broken vase.

"Please be careful Penny, I don't want to have to explain to mum why you cut your hand" Elizabeth said and Penny put the piece of vase back down not wanting to get her older sister into trouble.

"What are we going to do Lizzy?" Digory asked looking at his sister just as their brother ran towards them panting as he stopped besides them.

"They're back" Lance, the 12 year old boy, panted. "They just arrived from town. Mum's coming this way" He said as he had been the look out for the siblings. Digory looked at his sister in a panic.

"She's going to kill me!" He yelled hearing the door slamming shut. They listened as their parents argued downstairs yelling at each other.

"We don't have to tell her right this moment, come on we've got to go" Elizabeth said quickly grabbing Digory's hand running down the hall opposite of where she heard her parent's voices. Lance and Penny quickly followed not want to face the wrath of their parents, especially their mother. Even if her anger wasn't towards them they didn't want to be anywhere near this place when she blew up.