Chapter Four - Cair Paravel

Slowly the siblings woke up one by one. As they woke up they left their tents and decided to do their own exploring. Penny was the first to wake out of all the siblings. She slowly walked out of the tent smiling when she saw the camp was already awake and alive. She walked out looking around her eyes filled with wonder and a large smile on her face as she looked around. She saw the fauns playing music and having fun making her smile. She never knew anyone who would have fun this early in the morning. They noticed her watching and immediately invited her over. She grinned widely walking over to join them in their music and dancing.

After Penny woke Lance got up and left his tent. He, however, found the griffons more entertaining than the fauns. The griffons gave Lance tips on how to be quick and unseen to the enemy. He made sure to memorize everything they told him so that he could sneak around the house when they returned home and he wouldn't get caught by his parents. He smirked knowing how much this information could help him in the future.

Almost as soon as Lance left his tent William and Digory woke up and followed their brother. Though when they to left the tent they separated to explore as well. Digory didn't stay in one place, he moved from tent to tent learning a little bit about everything. William found the talking animals fascinating and they just talked up a storm.

"Where's Penny?" Elizabeth asked panicked slightly when she woke up. Jadis stood up as well feeling worried about her sister as well. They both left the tent only to see their siblings spread throughout the camp making them relax slightly. Elizabeth watched as Jadis walked off as well and was about to follow her when a voice stopped her.

"Elizabeth" She turned her head seeing Aslan walking towards her. She felt the urge to bow and so she lowered her head in respect for him. He nodded back to her with equal respect taking her by surprise slightly but she didn't think to much about it. "I see you brothers and sisters are settling well here." He said.

"Yes, I see that as well" She said. "It's a shame that we have to leave" She said looking around the camp. "We've only been here for so long yet we feel attached to this place" She said and Aslan looked to her.

"Yes, Narnia does have a hold on people" He told her. "Though just like your home, there is evil here" He said and Elizabeth looked to him.

"Evil? What kind of Evil?" She questioned him.

"A growing evil in the horizon. It has yet to make itself known, yet I can feel it growing" He said and Elizabeth could hear the growing concern in his voice.

"Why do you tell me this Aslan?" She asked him and he looked at her. "I know there is a reason" She spoke. "If not then you would not have mentioned it. You would have just allowed us to enjoy the day and return home before the sun sets. So tell me Aslan? What is you purpose?" She questioned him and he smiled laughing a little bit.

"You are bright my child" He said. "Clever and smart, I doubt much gets by you" He said and he was right. There was barely anything that could go by her without her noticing. She was observant and knew how the world worked. She knew things far beyond her age making it hard for people to get the upper hand on her. "You are right my child, there is a reason I tell you this" He said. "Care to come on a walk with me?" He asked and she looked at her siblings. "They are safe here, you need not worry about them" He said and she sighed but nodded and followed the Lion. He lead her onto the beach and lifted her gave her eyes widening at the beautiful castle on the cliff. "Cair Paravel"

"It's so beautiful" Elizabeth whispered looking at it in wonder.

"Inside it holds 6 thrones. For 6 Kings and Queens" He said and she looked at him. "6 sons and daughters of Adam and Eve" He told her and she looked back at the castle.

"You think that we're the ones, you think that we're supposed to be the kings and queens of Narnia?" She asked almost wanting to laugh. "Penny's only 10 years old, Lance is 12 and Digory 14. We're all to young Aslan. How are we to lead Narnia if we don't even truly know what Narnia is, who it's people are" Elizabeth said quickly. "Aslan we cannot be the people you think we are" She said.

"And why not?" He asked her.

"Because Aslan this isn't our home." She said sounding almost heart broken. "Our home is in London, our parents are in London." She said. "We cannot stay here, we don't belong here" She said and Aslan looked at her.

"I understand" He told her. "But perhaps you will soon find that Narnia is your home. That despite your age you can accomplish many things." He said to her and she sighed looking down.

"I don't think we should stay here any longer Aslan, if there is evil here in Narnia then I need to protect my family. I must take them home, I must keep them safe" She told him and he nodded.

"You do what you have to do to keep your family safe, but consider this before you go" He said and she looked at him. "Who is going to protect the families here from the growing evil? Who are they to look up to?" He asked.

"Well you of course" She said looking at him. "You are the creator of Narnia aren't you? Why can't you lead them? Why can't you protect them?" She asked Aslan.

"Because they all believe that you all are the true leaders of Narnia. Yes they do look up to me but I will not be here forever to lead them, they need their Kings and Queens to look after them" He said and she sighed.

"I don't think we're the ones Aslan. We have no experience in leading people. Why should they trust us? We just only learned about Narnia yesterday." He nodded to her looking up at the castle.

"Again, you must do what you think is right" He said to her. She sighed looking out into the Ocean.

"I don't know what is right Aslan" She whispered to him. "I only know that I have to take care of my family, I have to keep them safe" She said and he nodded.

"Then perhaps you should speak with them" He told her and she looked at him. "See what they think" He said.

"They'll want to stay" She said quickly. "They don't want to go home. They love it here already, but Aslan it's like you said" She said turning to him. "It isn't safe here" She said.

"The world is not a safe place Elizabeth" He told her. "No matter where you go, there will be evil. It's only a matter of time before your family sees it no matter if you are here or if you are back home in London" He said and she sighed looking down. "Elizabeth there is always going to be evil and very few choose to stand up and fight against it. Many cower and allow the evil to grow but the select few that stand up to evil save many lives" He told her and she sighed.

"What would you have me do Aslan?" She questioned him. "Risk the lives of my family?" She asked him. "This isn't our home, this isn't our fight" She said and he looked at her.

"That is where you are wrong, whether you like it or not this is your fight." He said and she sighed looking back to the castle. "I know you will make the right decision" He told her. "Though it is not an easy one so do not make it at this very moment. Take time, talk with your family. Make the decision together" He told her and she watched him leave her sighing.