Chapter Sixteen - Humans

"Jadis continues to take more and more Narnian territory" Oreius said to Aslan and Elizabeth. "There have been rumors of humans in Narnia" Elizabeth looked up at Oreius and Aslan. It's been 100 years since Jadis has taken control of most of Narnia. Elizabeth was starting to lose hope that the humans would ever return to Narnia, but she never let anyone know.

"How many?" She questioned and he looked at her.

"4, 2 women and 2 men" He said. "Young, the oldest being your age when you first came your majesty" Elizabeth tried hard to get her close friends to stop calling her majesty but it was all in vain, so she stopped and just accepted it.

"The time is coming Aslan" She said and he looked at her seeing more hope in her eyes than he has seen in a long time. "Them coming here, it's a sign. The witch will not me in reign for very much longer" She said a smile on her face. "Fetch someone small enough to travel great distances quickly and one who the normal Narnian won't give a second glance at" Oreius nodded leaving the tent. "Do you think these could be the people Aslan? The people to finally put an end to the winter?" She asked him.

"I do my child, I do" She smiled at the Lion who had looked after her for so long. Her closest friend beside Oreius.

"We can finally end this winter, we can finally give freedom back to the Narnians" Aslan smiled at the happiness in her voice. He felt relief hearing it, it's been so long since he has seen her this happy. Everything that has been happening has put so much stress and pain on her that he had forgotten what it was like to see her truly happy. He hoped that her suffering will end when this war ends.

"You wished to see me your majesty" Aslan and Elizabeth looked to see a fox standing there and she smiled. He would be the perfect animal for the job.

"We have a job for you if you chose to except it" Aslan said and the Fox looked up feeling proud that he had been chosen to do this job no matter what it was.

"There are humans here in Narnia, I need you to find them. They shouldn't be to far from the lamppost" Elizabeth said knowing that he knew what she was talking about. "I need you to go to them and convince them to come here, tell them that we await here for them" She said and he bowed to her.

"Of course Milady" He said and Aslan stepped forward.

"Once you are done with that I need you to travel throughout Narnia and send word to all the troops that they need to meet here, we need to rally our troops for their arrival. We need to be well prepared for the battle that is coming about" The fox nodded.

"I will not disappoint you" He said bowing to the both of them before taking off to do as they had told him to do.

"We're almost there Aslan" She said closing her eyes in relief. "If only they were here to see this" She whispered talking about her family.

"They would be proud of you and happy of how far you've come and how far you've brought Narnia" He said.

"I've had help" She said looking to Aslan with a smile.

"Even the most powerful people need help" Aslan told her making her smile widely. It felt like forever before the humans arrived when in fact it was only a matter of a day or two. Aslan and Elizabeth were in the tent speaking about their next move when they stopped.

"We have come to see Aslan" Elizabeth waited to hear her name but it never came and she rolled her eyes.

"You better get out there Aslan, looks like I'm not needed" She teased and Aslan chuckled shaking his mane before stepping out of the tent. Despite not having her name being said she walked out behind Aslan stepping besides them looking at the family of three, but she thought there was supposed to be four of them. Where was the boy?

She looked at the girls and her eyes lingered on Lucy. She reminded her so much of Penny that it pained her heart to just look at her. So many memories filled her mind as she looked at the child that she had to fight back the tears in her eyes. She then forced her eyes away and looked to Susan. She was beautiful and looked very intelligent and looked forward to working with her. Finally her eyes fell on Peter whose eyes were already on her. She was taken back by his extremely blue eyes and found it extremely hard to look away from. He was handsome, very handsome. It's been so long since she saw another human, let alone a handsome human.

Peter looked to Elizabeth. As soon as she walked out of the tent with Aslan he couldn't look away, he didn't want to look away. She is beautiful, the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He knew that she was the Queen of Narnia the beavers had spoke so highly of. They said she was beautiful but he didn't know she was this beautiful. When she looked at him he found her eyes so captivating. Her eyes were filled with so much emotion he couldn't tell what she was feeling or what she was thinking. She was a mystery making her so much more beautiful to him.

"Welcome Peters, Adam's son. Welcome Susan and Lucy daughters of Eve. Welcome Beavers, you have our thanks, but where is the fourth?" Aslan questioned snapping Elizabeth and Peter out of their thoughts.

"That's why we are here" Peter told him.

"We had a little trouble along the way" Susan said as they avoided saying what they wanted to say to them.

"He's been captured by the White Witch" Elizabeth's eyes widened slightly at the sound of her sister. The crowed erupted enraged. All it took was a raise of Elizabeth's hand and the entire camp was silenced surprising the siblings slightly.

"He betrayed them your excellence, your majesty." Mr. Beaver told Aslan and Elizabeth.

"Then he has betrayed us all" Oreius said enraged that the boy had betrayed them. He had had enough of humans betraying them and knew that hearing of this betrayal hurt his best friend even more as she thought of the betrayal of her own sibling.

"Peace Oreius" She spoke softly. He looked at her and into her eyes backing down automatically.

"It's my fault really, I was too hard on him" Peter spoke up catching Elizabeth's attention as she looked at him with so much sorrow that he could feel it from where he was.

"We all were" Susan spoke up sharing the blame impressing the Queen slightly.

"Sir, Ma'am, he's our brother" Lucy said her voice sounding broken and worried.

"I know dear one and that makes the betrayal all the worse" He said as both he and Oreius glanced at Elizabeth who struggled to hold her emotions in. She was usually good at hiding her emotions but when it came to her family it struck so deep she just found it so hard to contain herself without breaking down half the time. "It may be harder than you think"