Chapter Fifty Two - Next

"I don't even remember the last time I bathed" She said relaxing in the tub with Peter behind her relaxing as well savoring every second he could with his wife. Being apart for so long has made him cherish his time with her.

"I've missed spending time with you. Not having to worry about anything. Everyone being safe" He said and she smiled placing her head in the crook of his neck.

"Yet, I can still tell you're tensed" She whispered to him. "We may have been apart for a long time my love but you are not that different" She whispered looking at him. "Talk to me love" She said looking up at him.

"What are we going to do now?" He whispered. "Everything's done, we did what we came here to do. What are we going to do now?" He asked me.

"I don't know" She said to him. "For the first time since i can remember I don't know what I'm going to do next" She said smiling. "I like it" She said relaxing even more. "All I know is that as long as you're with me, I know it will be a good future" She said looking at him with love in her eyes. "I love you Peter and I don't want to know another life time without you" She said kissing him.

Later that day Elizabeth was summoned to speak with Aslan. So she left her husband to talk to the great Lion and to get answers from him. Though when she approached him all thought left her mind as they looked at each other.

"You have grown in a beautiful woman and a powerful leader, I couldn't have been more proud of you" He told her and she looked at him.

"Where've you been?" She questioned. "You've been gone for centuries, you've left Narnia when we needed you most" She said feeling the pain in her heart returning.

"I know my child, it pains me to see the trouble and heart break you've had to go through." He said and she just looked at him. "You've been tested over and over again and you've learned. You never gave up. I am proud of what you have become. You kept Narnia alive. It was your responsibility to do so and you did it, all I was to do was train you and I did so when you first arrived."

"Did you know all of this was going to happen when we first arrived?" She asked him and he sighed.

"No, but I sensed greatness in you. I knew you were going to do great things for Narnia and you did not disappoint me my dear" He said and she sighed. "I do not ask for your forgiveness, you've been through a lot"

"There is nothing to forgive, Aslan... as you said.. It was my responsibility to keep my people safe, not yours" She said and he smiled looking behind her. She turned seeing Peter and Susan walking towards them. She smiled at them taking Peters hand.

"Walk with me" He said and they walked on either side of Aslan. "It is time for you all to return home" He said and they looked at him. "As much as this place feels like home it is not your true home. Narnia has taught all of you important things that I hope stay with you for years to come. Now it is time to apply these teachings to your world."

"Wait... we're not coming back?" Susan asked.

"No, I'm afraid not my dear. I hope you all can make your peace and find a place for yourselves in your world" Elizabeth looked at him with wide eyes. It's been so long since she's been home. Her heart beats faster at the thought of stepping foot into the other world.

"And what of Nathan and Maria?" Elizabeth questioned.

"This is there world, they were born and raised here amongst the Narnians. They are more than welcome to follow you home if they so wish, the choice is theirs" Aslan told her. "I am sorry, to have to tell you all this" He told them. "You've all become like family to me but i cannot keep you here, your place is not here any longer." He said before leaving them. They looked at each other.

"We've waited for so long to come back and now we have to leave" Susan whispered.

"Its our time" Elizabeth said and Susan looked at her with a smile. "I've longed to go home for so long and now that I'm about to leave I can't help but to be sad for leaving" She whispered.

"At least we'll be together" Peter said kissing her forehead.

"Come on, we've got to talk with Nathan and Maria" She said and Peter nodded. "Caspian" She said walking over to them. "Mind if i borrow my children?" She asked and Caspian blushed slightly nodding before walking off.

"We need to talk to you" Peter said and they looked at each other before looking at their parents.

"Walk with us" Elizabeth said as they began to walk.

"What's going on?" Maria asked.

"We're leaving" Elizabeth told them.

"Leaving? What do you mean?" Nathan asked.

"It means that your father and I along with Penny, Edmund, Lucy and Susan are going home. To our home" Elizabeth said as they stopped walking forming a little circle.

"What do you mean home? Cair Paravel?" Maria asked.

"No, I've told you about our home, we're going home my love" She said and Maria looked at the with tears in her eyes.

"What about us?" Nathan asked.

"You have a choice" Peter said. "You can either stay here in Narnia and rule along side Caspian" Maria looked more alert at the chance to stay with Caspian. "Or you can come with us to our home. Just know that no matter what happens, we will never forget either of you and we will always love both of you" He said.

"Will we ever see you again?" Maria asked.

"You never know" Elizabeth said. "We may some time in the future" She said and they looked at each other. "Think it over, but we need to know soon because we leave soon" She told them.