Chapter Thirty One - Nathan Pevensie

"Pete, stop pacing you're making me dizzy" Edmund said getting annoyed with his brother. Peter couldn't help himself though, he was beyond nervous as he continued to hear noises in the room they were standing outside of. "She's fine, they will both be fine" Edmund said and Peter looked at him with a smile.

"I'm excited" He said with a wide smile. "She wants a boy but I want a little princess" He told his brother making Ed smile.

"I hope it's a boy" He said and Peter looked at him the smile never leaving his face. "I really hope it's a boy, I mean come on Pete, we're out numbered here. The last thing we need is a Princess to add to the overwhelming amount of Queens" He said making Peter laugh with Edmund.

"Well maybe you and Penny can have a boy, I want a girl" Edmund laughed but then turned serious really quick.

"Don't mention babies around Penny" He said and Peter laughed. "I mean it, ever since you got Elizabeth pregnant that's all Penny wants. We're not even married yet and she's trying to make me..... impregnate her" Peter laughed a little harder at his brother shaking his head and Edmund let out a smile and a little laugh. "I can only deny her for so long before I cave in, the thing is... I don't think I'm ready to be a dad" He said and Peter nodded knowing exactly how he felt.

"I understand that" Peter told him nodding. "When she told me she was pregnant I was ecstatic, but I was also scared because I didn't think I would be a good father. It takes team work Edmund, both you and Penny have to work together like Elizabeth and I. It's going to be hard but it's already worth it" He said with a giant smile. "I'm scared right now and I will probably be scared for a while but I know with Elizabeth by my side, we can do anything we set our minds to" Edmund smiled at Peter as Peter looked like he was off in his own head with a goofy smile on his face. He was happy for his brother and happy with the relationship he has with Penny, he's grateful for it.

"Peter" Lucy said opening the door and bot Peter and Edmund walked over excitedly but nervously as well. "Want to meet your son?" She asked and he smiled widely and let out a little laugh of happiness. He looked at Edmund who looked back at him with the same amount of happiness.

"Well go on, don't keep them waiting" Peter nodded looking at Lucy who smiled at him widely letting him walk into the room. Lucy and Edmund looked at each other excitedly before going into the room as well. Peter walked over to his tired wife who held their son with the brightest smile on her face, a smile he hadn't seen a long time.

"Hello love" Peter said sitting besides her and she smiled at him. He smiled at her and leaned over kissing her forehead. "He's so handsome" He whispered to her.

"Maybe because he's an exact replica of you" She said and he laughed laying besides her wrapping both her and his son in his arms. "What do you want to name him?" She asked softly as Peter kept his eyes on his son a million thoughts running through his mind.

"How about Nathan, I always liked that name" He told her the both of them going into their own world, one where it was only the two or them and their son and no one else. The rest of them watched the new parents with a smile on their faces. Edmund wanted to hold the new baby but also knew that they needed some time alone together, he would steal his chance later.

"Come on, lets give them some privacy" Penny whispered not wanting to interrupt them. They all slipped out of the room but the new parents didn't even notice.

"Nathan Pevensie" She whispered looking at the now sleeping baby. "I love it" She said quietly.

"I love you both" He whispered kissing the top of her head. "You did good baby, you did really good" He whispered and she smiled snuggling into him and he wrapped both arms around them holding the both of them tightly.