Chapter Eighteen - Edmund

Peter and Elizabeth took off towards where they knew Lucy and Susan were. They got there the same time Aslan had. Peter had his sword out and pointed it at the Alpha wolf while Aslan kept the other wolf down. Elizabeth wanted to help but she knew that it wasn't her place to help Peter, he had to prove himself not only to the Narnians but to himself that he was capable of doing this.

"Stay back, this is Peter's battler" Aslan's stern voice spoke as Oreius went to Peters aid. Oreius looked to Aslan nodding and backed down letting Peter take charge of the small battle. Elizabeth watched the scene in front of her with anticipation as Peter looked nervous. She watched as the wolf growled and attacked Peter. Susan and Lucy cried out for Peter as he fell back with the wolf on top of him but Elizabeth knew he was alright.

Susan and Lucy run to Peter and push the wolf off of him. He sat up looking shocked but happy at the same time making Elizabeth smile at him. Aslan lifted his paw letting the wolf go and he took off away from everyone.

"Follow him" Aslan ordered. "He will lead you to Edmund" Elizabeth watched as the Narnians took off to follow the wolf and get their future King back. "Peter, clean your sword" Aslan told him making Peter look at him. He stood up cleaning his sword before walking over to Aslan kneeling in front of him. "Rise, Sir Peter Wolfsbane, Knight of Narnia" Aslan told him making Elizabeth looked at Peter with pride. Peter looked over at her with a small smile but she knew he was more happy than he was letting off.

It wasn't long after that when Oreius and the others returned with Edmund. He looked around nervously as the Narnians looked at him with mixed emotions. She looked to Oreius wondering if he was alright and he nodded to her before walking off. She watched him before looking to Edmund seeing he was now with Aslan.

"Edmund!" She turned her head seeing Peter stopping his little sister from running to her brother. Peter lifted his gaze to her and she nodded to him comfortingly before they both looked to Aslan and Edmund.

"What's done is done. There is no reason to bring up the past with your brother" Aslan told them before making his way over to Elizabeth leaving Edmund with his family.

"She's going to want him back" Elizabeth said and he nodded. "She'll do anything to keep the remaining 5 thrones empty."

"I know my child" Aslan said and she looked at him. "You must trust me to do what needs to be done" He told her.

"I have nothing but trust in you Aslan" She whispered as he walked past her. She looked up seeing Peter walking over to her making her smile at him. "I'm happy your brother is back with you" She said and he smiled at her.

"Thank you Elizabeth" He said and she nodded.

"Go, be with your brother and sisters. The future is always changing, you never know what will happen next" She told him and he nodded to her understanding.

"Come with me" He said and she looked at him. "You haven't met Edmund yet have you? Come with me, if we're supposed to be Kings and Queens of Narnia should we all know you since you are already the Queen of Narnia?" He asked and she smiled nodding.

"Yes I suppose so" She said and he smiled holding his hand out. She looked at it before grabbing it letting him lead her to where his siblings were. Lucy looked up with a wide smile seeing them together making Elizabeth smile as she reminded her of Penny.

"Hello your majesty" Lucy said with a smile.

"Hello Lucy, you don't have to call me your majesty you know" Elizabeth said with a smile. "You can just call me Elizabeth or Liz, whatever you wish" She said looking to all of the siblings so that they knew what she was saying was meant for all of them instead of just Lucy.

"Ok, toast?" She asked holding her hand up and Elizabeth smiled nodding letting go of Peter and walked over to the little girl sitting besides her.

"I would love some" She said taking the toast eating it. "You know you remind me of my own sister, her name was Penny" She told Lucy and she smiled hearing about her.

"Oh really? Can I meet her?" Elizabeth smiled sadly at the girl.

"I wish you could have, you would have loved her. Everyone did, even the person who killed her" She whispered and Lucy looked at her sadly before hugging her. Elizabeth looked at her shocked still not used to the hugs but accepted it nonetheless. "Thank you Lucy, I needed that" She whispered to the little girl.

"Whatever I can do to help" She said with a bright smile making Elizabeth cheer up a little bit. Peter stood off to the side watching Elizabeth and Lucy with a little smile on his face. He was happy that they were getting along. He was happy just to see a smile on Elizabeth's face. "Narnia isn't going to run out of toast Edmund" Lucy told her brother as he shoved toast into his mouth.

"Then you better pack some for the journey" Elizabeth looked to Peter worried that they were going to leave but didn't say anything. It was their decision to stay or go. She remembered that when she first got here she wanted to leave as well but obviously she didn't. Peter reminded her of herself in a way. All he wanted to do was protect his family and get them home safe just like she wanted to. She failed, but she would do everything in her power to make sure they returned home safe and sound.

"We going home?" Susan asked looking at him shocked slightly.

"You are" Peter said walking over making Elizabeth relax slightly. He was staying and she found that oddly comforting. "I Promised I'd keep you three safe but there's no reason I can't stay and help" He said sitting across from Elizabeth and she smiled at him slightly.

"But they need us, all 5 of us" Elizabeth looked at Lucy and smiled that she included her.

"Lucy it's too dangerous. You almost drowned, Edmund was almost killed" Peter said trying to convince them to return home.

"Which is why we have to stay" Edmund said making them all look at him. "I've seen what the White Witch can do and I've helped her do it" He said with guilt in his voice. "And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it" He told them and it was decided, they were staying.

"Well I guess that's it them" Susan said standing up making them all look at her.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked her as she grabbed her bow and quiver.

"To get some practice."