Chapter Forty Seven - Fix

"Peter" Edmund said coming into the room we were at. "Come on, we need you" He said before running out. Peter looked back at Elizabeth before running off.

"Peter, what's going on" She said standing up turning a little to quickly making her wince.

"I don't know, stay here" He said before running out of eyesight.

"Elizabeth!" Penny said running in. She looked at her confused. "It's Jadis, she's here" Elizabeth looked at her confused. "Come on" Elizabeth followed her sister as quickly as she could. They went to the stone table their eyes widening when they saw a large ice wall with Jadis in it.

"Peter" She said going forward when she saw him standing in front of her sister. Penny grabbed a hold of her older sister not letting her advance forward. Worry spread through both of the girls as they watched the scene in front of them.

"Peter dear, I've missed you" She said reaching out. Elizabeth pushed Penny to the side running as fast as she could to her husband.

"Get away from him you bitch" She snapped glaring at her sister. Jadis didn't hide the look of distaste on her face.

"Elizabeth, it's been a while." She said.

"Not long enough" She snapped and Jadis smirked extending her arm out to her.

"Why don't we put the past behind us? Start over" She said holding her hand out but before she could do anything a sword went through the ice. Her eyes widened as it began to break. She took a step back not knowing what to do as Peter leaped up. He grabbed Elizabeth shielding her from the ice as it exploded. Slowly they turned around seeing Edmund standing there.

Elizabeth nodded her thanks to him and he nodded back before walking away. Peter turned Elizabeth towards him checking to make sure she was alright. He sighed in relief pulling her towards him.

"What were you thinking?" He whispered.

"I didn't want her to hurt you" She said. "I just wanted to protect you" She said and he smiled at her kissing her forehead. They pulled away seeing Nathan and Maria standing a little bit behind them. Nathan looked at his mother and when he saw she was alright he left along with Maria. "You should talk to him" She said looking at Peter.

"I will" He said. "I just-" She cut him off.

"No, now. I'll deal with everything alright? You just try and fix things with your son" She said.

"Don't do anything to hurt yourself" He said and she smiled.

"Be careful, Nathan can be a hot head just like his father" Peter rolled his eyes rubbing her back.

"I think I can handle myself" He said and she rolled her eyes as they went separate ways. Peter followed where Nathan had gone and found him outside. "Nathan" He said and Nathan turned around sword in hand. He had been practicing before his father interrupted him.

"What? Can't you see I'm busy?" He asked turning back around to his opponent.

"Nathan" He tried again. Nathan sighed looking down. His opponent walked away knowing this was just for the two of them. Suddenly Nathan swung his sword at Peter forcing Peter to bend backwards so he wouldn't get cut. Peter took out his sword blocking his sons next attack.

They circled each other not saying anything. Peter knew Nathan needed this, they both did. They needed to get their anger and frustrations out on each other. Maria walked out seeing what was going on but didn't do anything to stop it. She just watched as the both of them hacked at each other trying to gain the upper hand.

She watched eagerly as they both tried to get each other. She watched closely as it grew more and more intense as Nathan got more and more worked up. Her eyes widened as Nathan's sword went flying to the side and Peter pointed his sword at Nathan's neck. They both were breathing heavily looking at each other before Peter slowly lowered his sword.

"I didn't want to leave. Why would I? Everything I loved was here in Narnia. Cair Paravel was more of a home to me then my home back in England. My wife had already given me a beautiful boy and pregnant with our next kid. My brother and sisters were here. I loved my life here" He told him as he tried to control his breathing.

"Why did you then? If you loved it so much? Why did you leave?" He asked.

"I didn't know we were leaving. We all were out on a hunt to catch the white stag, it was supposed to be magical. We were going to use it to help the kingdom when we came across a light post. Lucy got off her horse and went into the woods so we all followed her. Next thing we know we're back in the house, younger and no matter what we did we couldn't get back" He said. "I tried, I sat up all night waiting for the wardrobe to open. I wanted nothing more in my life then to come back to my wife and kids. Then Caspian sounded the horn and I we were brought back." Nathan looked down not knowing what to say next.

"She was heart broken" Nathan said. "That's the one thing I do remember. I remember how loud everything was, how chaotic it all was. It was frightening" He said.

"And I should have been there, we all should have." Peter said to him. "I'm so sorry."

"We should get inside" Nathan said and Peter nodded picking up Nathans sword holding it out to him. Nathan looked at him before nodding grabbing the sword putting it away.