Chapter Twenty One - Teasing

Naturally Elizabeth woke up before Peter. She was more used to waking up before the sun than Peter was. For the first time in a long time she didn't want to get up, she didn't want to wake up and start a new day. All she wanted to do was stay here in Peters arms and relax, not have a care in the world. Being the Queen of Narnia , she doesn't get very many if any relaxing days, today was no exception.

Though she didn't get up straight away like she usually does, no this time she continued to stay in Peters arms. Just for a little while longer before the both of them would have to get up to prepare for the day. She slowly moved her head so she was looking at Peters sleeping face. They were basically in the same position as they were in when they fell asleep the night before. She held a small smile as she watched Peter sleep finding it extremely comforting. She didn't know what was going to happen today so she wanted to know a peaceful sight. She wanted to remember something peaceful if the chaos of today would get to her.

Not to long after she woke up Peter began to stir moving his head slightly. She waited patiently until he opened his sleepy eyes and looked around. She watched his eyes wonder around the tent before landing on her, then she watched a little smile creep it's way up onto his lips. They didn't say anything afraid that if they did someone would hear them and then pull them out of the tent, out of their comfortable position and force them to lead. They just wanted a moment or so to relax and just be with each other.

"Good morning" He whispered in a scratchy voice making Elizabeth smile widely. He smiled wider just seeing her smile, it was contagious.

"Good morning" She whispered back to him. "I'm sorry about last night, I'm sorry you had to see me like that" She whispered and he shook his head.

"No, don't be sorry" He whispered to her looking at her concerned. "If you don't mind me asking, what made you so upset last night?" He questioned her and she sighed remembering what had happened the night before. "You don't have to tell me, I don't mind" He said and she smiled up at him and sat up. She sat next to his laying body on the bed and grabbed his hand, drawing circles and other shapes making him smile slightly letting her do whatever she wanted.

"Around the time Jadis took her throne Aslan found out that I was the one who is supposed to kill her." She told him and he sat up remembering that I had told him this before. "He knew that it could takes years, decades and even centuries before the time came for her reign to end. So in that case he slowed my aging down to the point where it would take me centuries to just age a year. In doing so I can feel, physically, what he feels. Then when we brought Edmund back and the she came for him Aslan made a deal. Aslan was willing to give his life for Edmunds, last night Jadis killed him on the stone table and saved you brother" She whispered to him and didn't look into his eyes not knowing what his reaction would be.

Peter sat there in shock, just plain shock. He didn't think that Aslan would do that for a boy he didn't even know. A part of him didn't and wouldn't believe what Elizabeth told him until there was proof but he also knew she wouldn't lie to him. He felt like he could trust her and he did, but there was still a little bit of doubt. He looked at Elizabeth noticing how she was avoiding his gaze and sighed quietly. If this was true he had no idea what kind of pain she was feeling. He knew Aslan was a part of her family, she had lost so much and now she believed that he was gone. Another part of her family was gone.

"I'm so sorry Elizabeth" He whispered holding her tightly pulling her onto his lap. She curled up against him letting him hold her.

"It's alright" She whispered to him. "You were there when I needed someone the most, I thank you for that Peter" She said looking into his eyes and he looked back at her.

"You looked like you could use some company" He said trying to get a smile on her face and succeeded as he watched a small one come along. It wasn't much but he would take anything she would give him.

"We should get up, today's going to be a long day. A long and dangerous day" She said and he nodded looking down. "Hey, everything's going to be alright Peter." She said knowing it was now her time to comfort him.

"It's war Elizabeth, you never know what is going to happen" He said and she sighed nodding knowing exactly how true that was.

"Yes I know, but I also know that you and your siblings are ready. Everyone here is ready to fight with you Peter, they will have your back, yours and your families" She told him. "You and your family are going to be as protected as one can be during a battle" She said and he looked at her as she stood up walking over to her clothes.

"And what about you?" He questioned her. "Are you going to be alright?" He asked her.

"I've been training for over a century Peter, you should not worry about my well being. All I want you to worry about is your family and yourself. Most importantly I want you to just worry about yourself. If you get to distracted in battle then you get hurt or worse, killed" She told him and he nodded taking what she said to heart. "Now get out, I need to change" She said with a smile and he laughed a little.

"Of course, your majesty" He said sarcastically and bowed to her. She giggled smiling as he walked out of the tent with a large smile on his face. As he walked out he walked right into Edmund.

"Where were you this morning? I got up and you were already gone" Edmund questioned his brother. Peters eyes widened as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh, well um" He muttered and Edmund slowly smirked.

"Now that I think about it, where were you all night Peter?" He asked smirking and looked at the tent behind him. "Is that Queen Elizabeth's tent? Is that where you came out of?" Edmund asked as he watched his nervous brother.

"Oh, just leave it will you?" Peter asked annoyed but Edmund just laughed at him as Elizabeth walked out. She looked at the two boys seeing a smug Edmund and an equally embarrassed and annoyed Peter. She tried to hide her smirk as she walked over to Peter kissing his cheek knowing why Edmund was so smug and Peter so annoyed and embarrassed.

"Thank you for last night Peter, I really needed it" She whispered seductively to him loud enough for Edmund to hear. She spoke the truth, she really did need it but not in the way Edmund was thinking. She then walked away from them and Edmund smirked at Peter.

"It's not what you think" Peter said and Edmund just nodded.

"Whatever you say Pete" He said patting his shoulder and walked off. Peter groaned rubbing his face before going to where Elizabeth was heading.