Chapter Three - Aslan

"Who's Aslan?" Penny asked as she walked right besides Oreius. They were all tired as they had been walking for hours. Penny though seemed to have all the energy in the world and continued to ask Oreius every question that came to mind. He was more than happy to answer to the best of his ability.

"Does she ever shut up?" Will muttered quietly as he walked besides Digory who just shrugged. Lance was walking on the other side of Oreius watching the centaur carefully. He didn't know what to think as his mind tried to wrap around the fact that he had a horses ass. Jadis walked behind William and Digory looking around at the place being oddly quiet. Elizabeth, who was walking a little bit behind her, wondered what was going through her mind. She loved her sister but she wasn't sure if she could trust her sister. Jadis was a rule follower and a tattle tale, why did she suddenly take an interest in Narnia? If anything Elizabeth expected Jadis to be on her side when she suggested that the siblings return to their home. Instead, Jadis wanted to know more about Narnia with this look in her eyes that Elizabeth had seen before. It made her extremely nervous and she made sure to keep a close eye on her elder sister.

"Aslan is the creator and ruler of this land, Narnia. He is a mighty Lion and a great leader" Oreius told the little girl answering another question of hers.

"How much further until we get to this almighty Aslan?" Will asked loudly. Oreius resisted the urge to roll his eyes as he was beyond annoyed with the boy.

"We're almost there" He told William not slowly down nor turning to look at him. William groaned wanting to sit down but knew that they wouldn't wait up for him. So he just continued to complain to Digory who listened silently lost in his own mind. It wasn't long after that that they reached what looked like a camp. A camp full of soldiers which made the siblings stand close together. Oreius looked down at the siblings and stood right besides them making sure that they knew he wouldn't let them get hurt, that they were going to be alright. "Wait here" He said as they reached a large tent

"Where else are we going to go?" William muttered and Elizabeth slapped his head.

"Why don't you keep quiet for a little bit" She said sternly and William glared at her but listened to what she had said. The siblings fanned out forming a line standing shoulder to shoulder with each other. Lance stood on the far right with William besides him and then Digory, then Elizabeth and Penny with Jadis on the far left. They didn't have to wait to long before they saw the great Lion coming into view. Elizabeth looked around seeing everyone kneeling as they Lion made his presence known and knew it might be wise to kneel as well.

She knelt down Digory and Penny quickly followed her actions. Lance glanced down and saw his siblings kneeling and knelt down dragging William with him who glared at Lance but remained silent. Penny tugged on Jadis's arm and she looked down seeing her siblings kneeling and rolled her eyes but knelt as well.

"Welcome sons and daughters of Adam and Eve" He said and Elizabeth looked up shocked to hear an animal talking. She shouldn't be too socked though as she had recently just seen a man with a horses ass but still, it was a lot to take in. "Welcome Lance, William, Digory, Elizabeth, Penny and Jadis" He said and Elizabeth noticed his eyes lingering on Jadis a little bit longer before he looked at Elizabeth. They made eye contact and she quickly looked down not knowing what was respectful or not. "You all must be tired for your journey was long, Oreius will take you to your tents where you can rest. In the morning everything will become clear but for now, rest" He said before going back into the tent. Everyone stood up along with the siblings and Oreius walked over to them.

"Follow me, I will take you to your tents" He said and walked off. They followed him and soon saw two tents side by side. "This one is for the boys and this one is for the girls. You are right besides each other so if you need each other you are not separated" He said. "You are safe here, get some rest. I will fetch you in the morning to speak with Aslan" He said and Elizabeth nodded which he returned before leaving them. Jadis was the first to move and walked into the tent leaving her siblings alone.

"You heard Oreius" Elizabeth said as they all looked at her. "Get some rest, we most likely have a long day tomorrow" She said and walked into the tent as well. Penny followed her into the tent as the boys went into their tent.

"Are we going home tomorrow?" Penny asked Elizabeth as she got into her bed. Elizabeth looked at her from her bed and sighed nodding.

"We have to go home Penny, we don't belong here, this isn't our world" She told her younger sister. "Do you know how worried mum and dad are going to be? How worried they probably are? They most likely have the whole town looking for us right now, it's not fair to them to stay here and make them worry" Penny said laying on her back.

"But I like it here, it's so much better than home" She whispered and Elizabeth laid down on her back sighing.

"So do I" Elizabeth agreed quietly. She's only been in Narnia about a day but she agreed with her little sister. Narnia was so much more fun than home. She didn't want to go back either but this wasn't their home, they had responsibilities to take care of at home. She turned her head seeing Penny was already fast asleep and Jadis had her back on the siblings so she didn't know if Jadis was awake or asleep so she looked away turning on her side and closed her eyes hoping to get some sleep.

Jadis, however, was not asleep. She slowly turned her head looking at her sisters seeing the both of them were asleep before laying on her back. She thought about everything that had happened today. She thought about Narnia and the Narnians. She thought about how they all watched her and her siblings with so much attention and curiosity. She smirked liking the power she felt walking into the camp. She felt important, she felt like she was somebody, she felt power.