Chapter Fifty - Dual

"Damn it" Peter snapped angrily. "Why would you do something so stupid like that?" He snapped at her.

"The same reason you wanted to do it in the first place" She snapped back. "You weren't here to see the devastation that those bastards have done to us. You've witnessed only a few days worth, I've been seeing it for centuries!" She shouted. "I'm doing this whether you like it or not"

"You're still injured from the last battle" He pointed out and she looked down at her side.

"It's healed enough" She told him and he walked over to her pressing on his harder and harder until she winced slightly and he let up.

"It'll only take him one blow to find that spot and you'll be at a disadvantage, does you head still hurt? He's going to hit your head no doubt and you'll get dizzy really quickly" He said to her and she looked at him.

"Yet there is one thing I have that he doesn't" She said. "Centuries of experience, I will be fine" She said kissing his cheek. "Don't worry about me, I will be fine. Just worry about Maria and Lucy" She said and he sighed looking at her.

"I don't care about the rules, If i know you're not going to win, you better believe I'm going to step in" He said and she smiled at him kissing him. He melted into her kiss wrapping his arms around her. "I love you" He whispered to her.

"And I love you" She whispered back. "I better start getting ready" She whispered before walking away from him. "Make sure Maria and Lucy are going to be alright" She said looking at him and Peter nodded before reluctantly leaving. She then proceeded to put on her armor and gathered her sword and shield.

"You ready?" She turned around to Edmund before nodding.

"Edmund I need a you to do something" She said and he looked at her.

"If I fall and lose this battle do not let the Telmarines kill Narnia" She told him. "And make sure the others, make sure they get home alright"

"You talk like you know you're going to die" He said and she smiled.

"There's always that little doubt in your heart" She said and he nodded.

"You're going to be fine, you're the best swordswoman I've ever seen" He said and she smiled.

"Hopefully it'll be enough" She said and he nodded.

"It will be" They then left the room, Peter joining them.

"Have you noticed Caspian and Maria?" He asked her and she smirked.

"Have you not?" She asked and Edmund smiled at the two. "Come on, we should go" The three of them walked outside, Narnians cheering them on as they walked to the square where they would dual. She looked forwards ,her hair pulled back, at Miraz and his men.

"I love you, protect your side and head" He said quietly.

"Peter, this isn't my first fight, I know what to do" She said and he smiled nodded. "I'm alright" She said and he backed away with Edmund as she turned to Miraz. She watched as he put his helmet on as he faced her and she looked at him.

"There is still time to surrender" He told her and she smirked getting ready to strike.

"I'm waiting" She said and he glared at her swinging his sword and she blocked it kicking him back. They circled each other before he attacked her again. She blocked it with her shield and swiped at his legs forcing him to move backwards. She continued to advance striking him with powerful blows keeping him on defense.

They moved around in circles each on getting the advantage before losing it to the other. It didn't take to long before they both started sweating under the hot blazing sun. They didn't let up though, both of them eager to destroy the other.

He was able to force her to the ground making both Peter and Edmund hold their breaths as he stepped on her shield not hesitating to push his sword into her shoulder through the slits of the arm making her groan in pain as he push further and further before she screamed out. She rose her sword up trying to get him off of her, she succeeded shoving him off, he took the sword with him before she stood up her arm now dislocated and bleeding.

They circled around each other. Elizabeth dropped her shield no longer having the strength to keep it up. Without the sword she was able to move fast then he was. She moved around him cutting at his legs, arms and back. His armor was able to block a lot of the blows but she was able to draw blood on most. As she found her rhythm, her eyes widened as she was to slow to duck under the shield as it slammed into her head forcing her to fall down on her back nocking the wind out of her lungs.

She gasped for breath as she felt nothing but pain before her eyes focused on the sword coming down at her. She forced herself to move out of the way of his next blow. She forces herself to stand despite being unstable. Even though she was wobbly Miraz couldn't not knock her down a third time. He shares a look with his people knowing that he wouldn't last much longer with her stamina.

"Does her highness need a rest?" He spat but Elizabeth could see he needed it as well.

"Five minutes?" She asked breathing heavily and in pain.

"Three" He snapped. They both went back to their sides and Elizabeth's eyes widened seeing Maria and Caspian.

"Lucy?" She asked her heart pounding as she ignored the throbbing pain in her body.

"Don't worry, she got through" Maria said to her mother looking at her with worry. Elizabeth relaxes as Peter helps her into a seat.

"How do I look?" She asked Peter breathless.

"Like a Queen" He said smiling as he whipped her face giving her water.

"You can out last him, he's wearing out. He can't keep up with you" Edmund said as Elizabeth Looked at Miraz.

"I don't know if I can keep up with him" She whispered. Once she had said that Edmund put her shoulder back in place making her cry out slightly and Peter to glare at him for the way he did it.

"Don't talk like that" He snapped. "You'll be fine" He said.

"Get up to Susan, Maria. Make sure everyone is ready, I don't expect them to keep their word" She said.

"Don't worry about that" Peter said as she stood up getting ready to get back into the fight. "Just worry about the fight and staying alive" He said. "I believe in you" He said and she looked at him nodding.

Elizabeth walked back to Miraz as they start to circle each other again. She quickly makes the first move gathering up the rest of her strength to try and finish Miraz off. She doesn't really remember what she did as everything starts to blur but the next thing she knows is that Miraz is disarmed and kneeling in front of her as she breaths heavily, pain throbbing through her entire body.

"What's the matter, little girl? Too cowardly to take a life?" She glared at him harshly.

"It's not mine to take" She snapped taking a couple of steps back. She looked at Caspian holding her sword out for him.