☞ chapter fünf

———————TO BECOME YOURS!

———————
TO BECOME YOURS!

WHAT'S WRONG?

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER.

"hey guys." i open the door, my other hand holding all the bags of taco bell.

the all turn their heads towards me, fatherly quickly. making it obvious that they had been discussing something before i had walked in.

"hey mackenzie!" annie lets out, an sudden burst. her voice came out very loud, panicky.

i give them a confused look, not understanding why they had all began being really awkward and fidgety. "what were you guys talking about?" i question, placing the bags on a table.

"nothing," darius responds to my question. rather quickly and also as panic as annie had said when i came inside the room.

"okay, well. i brought you guys taco bell." i point at the bag after i take out my own order. they smile at me and all say thank you before making their way to the bags.

i move away and nearer to johnny, looking at him with obvious sadness and concern in my eyes. whispering and mumbling fall into the room and i turn my head towards them.

i give them a narrowed eye look, showing the complete annyance in my eyes. "what's wrong? you guys can tell me. especially if it's about johnny."

nadia turns away, darius awkwardly eats his food, darius looks at annie who's biting her lip and avoiding eye contact with me. "spill, i swear."

nadia turns around and looks at me. "what if.. sophia rose purposely collided with johnny?" nadia finally says something. this makes them all look at me.

i think about it harder. maybe it was sophia who would've done this to johnny. she's always hated me, and began to hate johnny when she found out he and i had began dating. also not to mention that time in the mall waaaaay back, she was definitely planning something. she did not want me to leave her sight.

i look down at the ground and everywhere that didn't show eye contact. "it might have been her. i just can't place where sophia might've just came to california. we all know that she moved out after high school."

they nod at what i say and continue eating, i take a seat on the couch that had nice folded blankets and puffed out pillows. annie must have done that.

"are you staying overnight again, mackenzie?" asher asks and come to sit beside me. i shrug my shoulders. "i want too."

he does a small head nod and finishes up his burger. drinking a bit of water afterwards. "did he wake up while i wasn't here?" i ask him.

he shakes his head in response. "only a nurse came to check up on him, we asked if he'll wake up soon and she responded with a maybe. since she can't make any promises." asher explains and i stay silent while he does so.

"i just want this to be over." i sigh, and put some hair behind me ear and look back at johnny's bed. asher pats my shoulder, i think he knows how bad i feel for this whole incident.

"i just, want this to all be over." i put my hand over my forehead, massaging it in pain. an margarine coming in?

asher looks at his watch and then annie, probably signalling her that they would have to go or something was coming up. annie nods at asher's signal, and begins to wipe her hands and pour hand sanitizer on them.

"asher and i gotta run, we'll see you guys later." annie says after she and asher clean up their area. asher takes out his car keys and annie takes her hand bag.

"see you guys. stay safe." nadia says and watched the two walk out of the hopital room, leaving three remaining.

ONE THIRTY AM!
BACK TO THIRD PERSON.

mackenzie wakes up, having an unsettling dream where she had never met johnny. where high school was just a blank and boring place, the dream did not sit tight with mackenzie as she can admit johnny was a big part of her life.

especially during her depressed state, but at the same time; if johnny was never in her life she wouldn't have to go through all that pain with sophia. if that event never happened, who knows what would happen to mackenzie if no one came to save her when she broke down and had cut in her bedroom washroom.

she sighs and continues to listen to johnny's heart monitor. it was beating okay, johnny was breathing okay. there was nothing wrong. but mackenzie knew there was. so many things wrong. she ignored his feelings and didn't say much when he had wanted a second chance.

both of them knew the feelings lingered, even when mackenzie had began dating ashton arbab. no way will the feelings fade away if they've been through so much together.

johnny was first. her first kiss, her first boyfriend. everything when it came to love, johnny was first. to be the first boy to give her hugs or call her when she needed him. first. and nothing can change that. he has a place in her heart and nothing can get rid of it. no matter how jealous their new partners get, they can't replace each other.

mackenzie sighs and looks back up at johnny after she let out her thoughts. she began to walk over to his hospital bed, bare footed since her shoes became uncomfortable.

she sits at the side of the bed and holds his hand, bringing it up to her face and kissing the back of his palm. she looks at his fingers some more before intertwining her own with his.

they were cold, since his fingers had been out of the covers his hands definitely got colder than the rest of his body. mackenzie sniffs, knowing the tears were coming soon.

"johnny, i'm not sure if you can hear me. but that's okay," mackenzie sniffs after shakily speaking. her voice was quiet and trembling.

she closed her eyes for a minute before opening them up again, hoping to send a cliche chemistry notice that someone wanted johnny to listen to them. she also wishes her tears were like rapunzel's, healing the hurt and wounded. maybe if she just continued letting her tears fall on him he'd wake up.

mackenzie chuckled at that thought but still continued to cry, letting her tears out. at this point mackenzie was accepting the fact that she might not have tears for the rest of her life. she's cried so much!

"i want to tell you things i wish i told you earlier and before." mackenize continues to speak, after her sentence the room falls silent.

"alright here i go." she takes a deep breath before speaking. "i'm so sorry for being selfish, i'm sorry for not understanding. i'm sorry for rejecting you, i'm sorry that i was ignorant and ignored your feelings and heart. if i could turn back time, i'd turn it back so i can be with you again." mackenize lets out a loud sob, a sob that showed how much pain and regret she was having.

"i want you back, johnny orlando." mackenzie whispers the last part before letting the set of hot and salty tears fall down on his arms.

if mackenzie's heart was the one that was wired, it would be beating fast.

BEA'S NOTES! 🧸
hello, very long chapter. sorry about that!

word count
(1,247)